Today I went to do our laundry at the laundry mat and left Mr. N in charge of M. No big deal right? When I left the house was in pretty good order. This is what I found when I came home.
I think the first words out of my mouth were "Oh my gosh, what the heck happened?" The house was in complete disarray, the baby was dressed in just a diaper, papers where thrown everywhere, one of the couch cushions was taken off....
This was the culprit. The reason for the mess: Mr. N was blogging!
And what did he give her for breakfast at 9:30 in the morning? Chips Ahoy. One for each hand of course! His response: "Chips Ahoy are good, aren't they [M]? See, she likes them!"
Needless to say after a morning with dad she was beat!
P.S. I'm thankful for the fact that Mr. N was willing to watch M, that the house was still standing, that her diaper was changed, and that watching her wasn't such an awful experience that he would never be willing to do it again!
10 comments:
Sooo. . . .I'm guessing that N was so into blogging, he didn't hear Godzilla in the background?
Dads just do things differently!! As long as the kids are safe, I'm okay with a messy house when Josh stays home with the kids. My kids LOVE when daddy watches them -- they have tons of fun! It looks like M had a blast with her daddy!! :-) LOL
That is how my husband does it. And usually he has a better appreciation for me and all the things I can get done in a day while I have the kids.
boy that sounds exactly like our household!!! the el thinks that chocolate chip cookies are the perfect nutritional meal especially when served with milk. dad's are so much more fun (or relaxed)! love the pictures!
So funny to see that every dad is kind of a same:) But little M looks so happy with that sweet cookie:)
That cracks me up, because Matt is very much the same. I'm leaving Bree overnight with him in a couple weeks to go on an all girls trip with his sisters, and I shutter to think about what I'll find when I return!
Just accept the fact that men are a totally different breed. Our definitions of "clean" and "watch" and so many other things must come from different sources!
dude, did you see my venting post the other day? Ty did the same thing and I was so angry I took pictures and posted them and vented on and on. Later when I calmed down and read it, it seemed a bit harsh....so I deleted it, but I still can't stand it!! :-) Love ya!
BTW I'm OFFICIALLY guessing the movie is "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"
Hey Little E Family! I don't know if you remember us, but we taught the Marriage and Family class with you at Wyview. We found your blog through the Kenealy's. Looks like you guys are doing well! We had no idea the N was an artist. Very impressive! Our blog address is www.jeniandalan.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment