Monday, March 3, 2008

Blue Collar Comedy Tour


My sister and her total redneck husband love the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Basically its 4 guys, which include Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy, who sit around and tell Blue Collar stories and then Jeff Foxworthy at the end does his "You Might Be a Redneck" gig.


When Mr. N and I visited NJ a couple years ago for my other sister's wedding, they made us watch one or two of the shows (I think there are like 4... I'm probably going to get a long comment from them correcting my ignorance). It was pretty funny, but a little bit crude.


On this one episode they were talking and one of the guys tells how someone in the audience at their last "show" came up to him afterwards and told this story of how his brother hit a beaver and knocked it out (He didn't run it over). The guy didn't realize he had only knocked the beaver out, so he picked it up by the tail to look at it. Just then the beaver "came to" and bit the man's nipple off!


It was a pretty funny story, but what really cracked me up was at the end of the episode, when Jeff Foxworthy was doing his You Might Be a Redneck gig he said:


"If you've ever had your nipple bitten off by a beaver, you might be a redneck"


For some reason, last night I remembered that story and I was cracking up laughing. I haven't laughed that hard in years! I had tears running down my cheeks and could barely talk or breath. Mr. N said he had never seen me laugh that hard. So, of course I called my sister to share the wealth. Her husband picked up, so I told him how I had thought of that story and that it was so funny. The whole time I was laughing so hard... Later that night, after I had gained my composure back, I called and talked to my sister. She said to me, "Yeah, [husband] said you called, but that he couldn't understand anything you said except nipple and beaver...


It was so funny!

7 comments:

beapinkal said...

oh... it was so funny! The story not even that funny for me but as i read your conversation with your sister and what her husband understood...i was loughing so hard:) It's just in my ears as you were loughing and talking:)

beapinkal said...

test

beapinkal said...

just a test

beapinkal said...

could you see it what i wrote here? It seems like i can't post a comment.

Nilla said...

Well I'd love to know what was going through El's mind when all he could understand was beaver and nipple! You know that had to be a doozy of a thought!

Mrs. S said...

You know what, El is such a redneck himself that I'm willing to bet he thought I made perfect sense! :)

The Silverback said...

Only a redneck would even think to pick up a beaver by it's tail. You'd never catch someone from Philly or NYC doing that. They'd be saying, "Yo! Whassat? Yo, I ain' gonna touch that! Yo man, I don't care if it looks dead...shoot it again..."

Where are you From???