Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Utah Puff

Here's the background information you need for this post:

The "Utah Puff" is something I heard of when I moved to Utah (surprise, surprise!). The nick name originated here (I guess) because a lot of girls rat their hair in the back and comb it smooth over to give themselves "bigger hair". It can be done nicely, but I've seen some girls who go a bit far...to where it doesn't even look remotely natural. Maybe that's just my taste though...natural.

Well, that spot in the back of M's head that use to be her bald spot is now ratty, frizzy hair. Sometimes after a really good nap her hair looks really wild in the back. Mr. N told me the other day that it was the Utah Puff. I guess it now has a whole new meaning!



5 comments:

Nilla said...

Well, that is interesting about the Utah Puff... I learned something new. I'm not sure what to say about it though... Seems like a lot of hassle. Haha :). I'm with you... I like natural.

The Silverback said...

Ahhh, she doesn't like you making fun of her Utah Puff.

Katherine Ronachert said...

THAT is AWESOME!!!

mel said...

I am from Utah and I didn't learn about the Utah puff until I moved here to Logan. My friends just call it Utah hair though.It's a strange phenomenon. Of course I would look ridiculous with the Utah Puff, so I can thankfully say that is not one of the hairdos I have ever sported.

Nat said...

I was laughing over these pictures for like 15 minutes!! What hair!!!

Where are you From???