Wednesday, March 26, 2008

3 Phases of Easter

It's taken me a while to get our Easter pictures up, mainly because I discovered this week that I can listen to books online using our local library's online book reserve. I'm so easily distracted.


In any case, Easter came in 3 phases at our house.


Phase 1: Easter Egg Hunt


I don't know if "phase" is exactly the right word, but oh well. Phase 1 of Easter for us was an Easter egg hunt at Mr. N's Grandmother's retirement home. It ended up being a lot of fun.




Here is Little M with her great-grandmother. She is still going through "stranger anxiety", so we weren't able to get a great picture.




M actually did really well gathering eggs. She would go and get 2 eggs, one for each hand, and then shake them, thoroughly pleased with herself. I would have to take the two eggs from her hands and put them in the basket, and then she would go and get two more eggs.




Hunting Eggs.



One for each hand!




M with her cousins




Here she is with all her eggs after the hunt. She loved sitting on the stairs with her basket and flirting with the people looking at her.









Showing off her egg.





Here she is again saving Grandma's chair.




Here are M and I after all the festivities.


Phase 2: Dying Eggs



Phase 2 of our Easter celebration consisted of Mr. N and I dying eggs. This is more a tradition on my side. The original plan was to do it together as a family, but timing didn't work out so N and I did it after Little M went to sleep.







Here's the artist hard at work.




Our finished products. These eggs made excellent deviled eggs the next day for Easter dinner. Colorful, yes, but good.

Phase 3: Easter Morning



Easter Morning. We hid eggs for M on Easter morning and left her an Easter Basket with a few presents (sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and a little toy). Since she is only 1 we didn't so much hide the eggs as we did place them in the middle of the floor for her to pick up.


Here's her face when she woke up and saw all the eggs!

Holding her container of sidewalk chalk.


Here she is with her Easter basket. It was a fun morning for us all.



11 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE M's dress!!! Where did you get it, and the little leggings??

Mrs. S said...

Thanks! I got it last summer in one of the department stores in either the Provo or Orem malls...I think Provo. It was a nicer department store, not like J.C. Penny's...probably more like a Macey's. I know it wasn't Nordstams (I hope I spelled that right...). I remember seeing it later at another department store for cheaper than I bought it originally. Sorry, I hope that helps. The leggings were sold seperately, but along side it.

Unknown said...

Im pretty sure the actor of the movie is Tommy Lee Jones... can you at least tell me if that is right?

Unknown said...

That's neat that you had your own little easter egg hunt in your home. Looks like M had a lot of fun. I also was going to comment on how much I liked M's dress. So cute.

Nilla said...

I love the leggings. So 80s-ish. And she really does have such cute expressions. And the eggs are really creative. Mine would all be solid and plain ;).

Nat said...

I LOVE HER EASTER DRESS!!! I kind of want a "Natasha-sized" one. . .

Btw, the ball cap look for you is REALLY cute with your hair cropped.

Kika VilaNova said...

Hey girl!!

sorry for the short notice but we decided to postpone the girls night out till next week or so because so many people couldn't make it today. Can you email me and tell me if it's ok with you to come next wednesday? kikaandtrevor@gmail.com

The Silverback said...

Her dress is precious. She looks like she had a really good time hunting her Easter eggs. Coloring eggs is a family tradition! I colored eggs until I left home and then you girls colored eggs until you went off to college. It's one of those things that simply MUST be done! LOL. Love, Mama

Marisa Jean said...

I love the dress too! I wish Jonathan would have made eggs with me--consider yourself lucky that Mr. N was willing to do that.

mel said...

I forgot about the whole egg dying thing. But my mom remembered. Keep up the traditions because she will love them as she gets older. And I love her dress!

Wendy Lady said...

Easter has always been my favorite holiday. Maybe because it is near my birthday or perhaps because I love the feeling and newness of Springtime. I always loved dying the eggs, hiding the Easter baskets, and the Easter dresses. This year was kind of boring until the family came for dinner!
I'm glad you spent some time with Mom. Thanks!

Where are you From???