Saturday, March 15, 2008

Esplin Fine Prints


So, many of you may not know that my amazing husband is an artist (see his above temple sketch). When we were first dating he told me he was an artist and I thought something along the lines of Napoleon Dynamite's work. (Watch the movie if you don't know what I'm talking about). When he told me I thought,




"Oh great, an artist!"




When I first saw his work I remarked:




"Oh wow, you're actually good!"




Mr. N was a bit taken aback, and responded,




"Well yeah, what did you expect?"




He laughed at me when I gave him my Napoleon Dynamite answer. Anyways, Mr. N has really only taken one art class and is incredibly talented. We have struggled with what to do as a career for...our whole marriage and have finally settled on Mr. N pursuing his art talent and applying to art school in both New York City and Florence, Italy. You might call this the Road less Traveled, and yes we realize that. His New York application is in (HOORAY!!!) and he is preparing his Italy application now. In preparation for all this stuff, Mr. N decided to start a blog about his art business, herewith called Esplin Fine Prints. He is preparing his first post and we are going to use a friends Photo Shop to "Protect" his pictures before we post them on the Internet.




Check it out!







Feel free to add this link to your blogs!

3 comments:

About us said...

S,
I'm soo excited to see your blog. I have been thinking about you and miss you sooo much. M is so big and very cute. I remember her being soooo little and now she is walking. It's crazy! Well blogging will keep us in touch. You can visit it at www.ellajeanscott.blogspot.com
Congrats on your new little girl! You are having them pretty close together. Tori is pregant too with a boy and due July 31st. Not me!

Liz Wilcken said...

When I first saw the drawing, I thought it was a Chad Hawkins drawing (he draws temples that look just like that!). You should google him and see how much you're alike! He usually hides something in his pictures of the temple, though. Like Christ's face might be barely visible in the clouds, or a landmark well known around the area of the temple might be present!
~The Wilcken's
PS-Does this mean that we still have to refer to you as the little E Family after this last post?

Megan said...

Wow! He is really good! That would be so crazy if you moved to Italy! I would be a little jealous:)

Where are you From???