Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blogging Blues

I had a hard time coming up with a name for this post as I layed (is that the right tense?) in bed last night thinking about my next post. It actually kept me up as I thought about it. This wasn't even the name I decided on...The name I decided on was better...but I can't remember it.



I haven't really been in the mood to blog for a while. Normally I really enjoy it and look forward to the different things I can blog about. Not lately. I'd rather spend a few minutes playing, or shall I say losing at a quick game of Spider Solitaire than updating my blog. This post is an effort to overcome that.


Gone in 3 Seconds


This is the other would-be name of this blog that I vetoed. "Gone in 3 Seconds" refers to a joke Mr. N told me a while back about a goldfish. Goldfish supposedly have 3-second memories. Maybe that's why they don't mind living in a small fishbowl. Anyways, Mr. N's joke was something to the effect of there being this goldfish in a bowl who gets fish flakes for breakfast in the morning.


The goldfish says "Awww man, fish flakes again!"


Three seconds later the fish says, "Ooh, yum, fish flakes!"


Well, that was a long introduction to the reject name of this blog, but there you go. I feel like that silly goldfish. I have a horrible memory, a fact that is complicated by the fact that I am pregnant. It is one of my least favorite things about myself! I hate it. I am constantly losing my keys, or making a pile of stuff I need to take to wherever I am going and then walking out without it, forgetting my grocery list, and forgetting to do the couple things Mr. N may ask me to do that day (like paying the health insurance bill). It is so annoying! What is even more embarrassing is that people who are familiar with me help me out when I am on the quest for...whatever.


"Did you check your coat pockets? Last time your keys were in your coat pocket."


Or my sweet sister-in-law, when I'm leaving her home may say,


"Okay, do you have your purse, do you have the diaper bag, do you have your keys..."


I truly do appreciate the help, but I am just so annoyed that my mind won't do it on its own! You guys probably all think I'm crazy now... I feel like, lately it has been so much worse! Last week I lost $20 and have no idea where it could be. Sunday I managed to lose my wallet...but fortunately our sweet bishop went to the church last night to check the place I thought I might have left it and recovered it for me.


Yesterday morning, upon discovering my missing wallet in addition to the missing $20, I was beyond frustrated with myself, so naturally I cried. Mr. N didn't really understand why I was crying because I guess in his logical mind he figured "what's done is done, so don't cry about it, just find a solution!"


This morning he was really funny though. I dropped the computer mouse under the couch and didn't want to try to get down and get it myself because of my belly and heartburn. So instead I said to Mr. N,


"Hey sweetie, can you help me find the mouse?"


He responded, "[Mrs. S], I've spent the last 48 hours looking for things you've lost..."


When I told him I actually knew where it was he was much more willing and found it quickly.


I don't know what's more annoying: Dealing with a wife with a memory like a goldfish or being the wife with the memory like a goldfish!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

my guess for the movie is Miss Congeniality... but this time I really think I am wrong.

Unknown said...

So, I really like your attitude about your disability :). I thought this was a very well done post. I am glad that you found your wallet.

Kristin Hanson said...

I had the same problem when I was prego....and now it's worse! I constantly forget things, and the sad thing is, I even forget what it was I was looking for at least 5 times a day. *sigh* I call it my sleep induced delirium.

Katie Rod said...

Darn that mommy-brain syndrome. Mine is starting to become less mushy and little more useful.

Taralou said...

I ALWAYS forget things when I am pregnant. Josh likes to tease me about it... It is very obvious, I just can't think when I am expecting. I know it's frustrating, but it should get a little better once the baby comes.

The Silverback said...

You think it's bad now, just wait until you hit menopause!!! You can't remember a thing AND you're sweating like a dog. It's so pleasant.

Liz Wilcken said...

yeah, well, ever since becoming pregnant with Benjamin, my memory has left. Like the time I accidentally locked Benjamin in our apartment, and me outside!!!! (He was 8 months old)

mel said...

I get the blogging blues too! I have so many things going on that I get days behind and then I think, why should I even bother. But you know what, I haven't seen you guys in forever and I love that I can see M growing up right before my eyes. Keep blogging because I love to read it!

Where are you From???