I have a confession to make: I like country music. You would think this love grew out of living in Texas for 12 years, but actually this love developed after I moved away from Texas...probably out of longing for my old home. After several years I figured out I really didn't like Texas all that much (I had seen the other places the world had to offer...and when you're a Texan - which I cannot truly claim because I was not born there - you think that there is nothing better than Texas! Anyways, but the time I realized Texas wasn't really all that great, I was already hooked on Country Music.
One of my favorite country songs is "Just another Day in Paradise" by Phil Vassar. I love the lyrics of the song. If I knew how to make the blog play it for you, I would, but I am technologically handicapped. So, I'll paste them instead:
Craig Wiseman/Phil Vassar)
The kids screaming, phone ringing
Dog barking at the mailman bringing
That stack of bills - overdue
Good morning baby, how are you?
Got a half hour, quick shower
Take a drink of milk but the milk's gone sour
My funny face makes you laugh
Twist the top on and I put it back
There goes the washing machine
Baby, don't kick it.
I promise I'll fix it
Long about a million other things
Well, it's ok.
It's so nice
It's just another day in paradise
Well, there's no place that
I'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the lord every night
For just another day in paradise
There's another verse, but the first is my favorite. I love the portrayal of life...that it seems like things are coming apart at the seams, but it is our paradise. And really, there is no other place I'd rather be!

6 comments:
my guess for the movie quote is The Emporer's New Groove.
And thanks again for the wipes. You must have been wondering why I didn't just ask Becca or Melanie. But I know Becca isn't a morning person, and I feel like I'm ALWAYS asking Melanie for help. I just thought I would ask my V.T. this time. You're a life saver!!!
the coat is fabulous!
Emperor's New Groove
Don't knock Texas! I have to live here!! At least you made an escape! I'm afraid I will be here for the rest of my life, heaven forbid! :-)
I love that song. There is another one that is similar that I love. It's called Mr. Mom. Those songs always make me laugh because they are SO true!
I saw Phil Vassar live in concert a few years ago and now I'm OBSESSED with his music! I love country music and I love Phil. Nice music selection. I highly approve!
Post a Comment