
We've been working on teaching M about cleaning up after herself...such as putting her toys away and throwing things away. We can tell that she gets it...but not quite. For instance, sometimes the "putting the toys away" becomes "take all the toys out". Same goes for the trash can...she doesn't get that its an "in only" container, so we've had to take care to make sure our trash contents don't end up all over the house.
Today I walked into the kitchen just in time to see her about to throw away the tee-shirt she had been wearing. Apparently I'm going to have to make sure to check to garbage before taking it out to the dump!

7 comments:
that is funny! the trash picking might come from her auntie k, poor genetics! my excuse for everything! ;)
We have the same stuff going on in our house!!! Things that seem so simple become so difficult.
So that's where all the measuring cups went. . .
How funny. It reminds me of the story that Nanny tells about your father flushing her gold bracelet down the toilet.
Ha, that is so cute! I have heard stories like that, that they just start throwing everything in the trash can!
kids! :)
cute!! :)
Ah yes. The trash. You would think that with three other kids before Kate, I would put child locks on the garbage... I guess I still have more to learn. We even had an ER visit after one trip through the trash. Kate got her finger stuck in a tin can. Wow, I felt like and awesome mom, let me tell you! Miss chillin' with you there! Hope all is well. Where you guys living now?
Post a Comment