Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Keys

After a week and a half of missing my keys, its time to admit they are really lost! Yes, I lost my keys. It really stinks. I lost them the Saturday before last, and I have two theories as to where they went.
First Theory: M and I went on a couple walks that day, and it was warm out so I took my sweater and tied it around my ever disappearing waist. In the midst of chasing and herding a one year old on our walks, they may have fallen out of my jacket pocket. Then again, I can't be certain that I even brought them on the walk...I'm pretty sure I did though.
Second Theory: They got thrown away by none other than Little M. I blogged before about her love of throwing things away....and it is possible they got thrown away by her. Mr. N was good enough to go through the trash before taking it out, but he admits he didn't go through it too thoroughly and now wishes he had done a better job.
We have completely torn the house apart looking for them...we looked in all the drawers, kitchen cabinets, laundry baskets, under and in the couch, in the toy basket, in her room...to no avail. We've even walked numerous times around the complex where M and I take our walks, but they are no where to be found. I feel like such an idiot for losing them. If there was one thing I could change about myself it would be my memory. Oddly enough, I am pretty certain about the things I did that day. I really didn't go anywhere, except Walmart in the morning, and I used the keys to get into the house when we got home.
**Sigh**
I need a miracle!

3 comments:

Nat said...

From recent experience I can say THAT SUCKS. I'm sure you and Mr N have already looked pretty thoroughly, but let me know if you need me to come over and bend down to look in all those places a 1-yr-old might find fun (behind the shredder, in the crack between the fridge and counter, under the crib. . .)

Katherine Ronachert said...

boy, i have that same problem! good luck!

Liz Wilcken said...

Yup, I know the wonderful discouraging feeling. You can read all about my wonderful experience with my lost keys under the post "help me". I got to go dumpster diving. Luckily I found my keys in the most stupid place. My kitchen apron that I rarely wear, but I happened to wear all that day. At least I found them. :P

Where are you From???