Thursday, April 24, 2008

Park Days

The other day I was out running errands and M was so good that I decided she deserved a treat. So, we drove to the park so she could play. She's almost 15 months now, so I decided to try to give her more liberty than I usually have.

She's pretty good at going up stairs (not so much going down), so I let her go up the stairs by herself while I stood next to them just in case. She got to the top where she could either climb through a tube like thing to the other side or go down the slide. She didn't seem like she was quite sure what to do, so she just ran around the top. There was no way I was going to get up there and show her how to go through the tube or down the slide...with my luck I'd get stuck and they'd have to call in the jaws of life.


Here she is turning the wheel thing.


After much coercion, she finally went down the slide. It seemed like she just wanted to run down it. I had to push her down on her bum so she could slide properly.


Once down she had a ton of fun with the wood chips.



And the swings!

6 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

jaws of life!! you crack me up!
i love her white blonde hair!!!

Unknown said...

M looks so cute... crazy how fast they grow up, it is nice she is willing to try new things,that's how we learn! And thanks for all of your comments on my blog... I love comments.

Jennifer said...

yeeaa for the park! Kate loves going to the park. It's really close to our house so we walk there a few times a week. Isn't it so nice that the weather is nice enough to play outside?!? She is looking adorable as always!!

Nat said...

K, this doesn't really relate, but do you want to know something funny? You know how Mike calls M "the little one"? Well, recently, he's taken to calling M and the new baby "the little one" and "the littler one"!

Mrs. S said...

That's so cute!

Wendy Lady said...

What a fun day. Little M is growing up so fast. I guess that's a good thing since she'll be a big sister soon.

Where are you From???