Today I went to my doctor's appointment and learned that I failed my glucose screening test.
Stupid test.
I have to admit I wasn't surprised. You have to be below 140mg/dL to pass and will M my test came back as 138 or 139. I thought that might just be a fluke though, because with her I had to eat much more frequently at night than I do now. With this test I actually fasted 8 hours-ish. I thought there was a good chance I would fail the test...but told myself I was probably over-reacting. My glucose reading for this test was 144 or 145 mg/dL...so I just barely failed.
So now I have to go back to the hospital and take the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. I'm not sure what that's like... I also have to start counting my carbs, but as of right now I don't have to check my blood sugar. I know its stupid, but I don't want to carb-count! I'll do it...but I don't want to! I don't even know how to...I guess I'll Google it. I'm such a baby!
So anyways, fun stuff as always.
Pregnancy is such a magical time.

5 comments:
Holy cow - I was so afraid for that test, too! I have no idea what my results were, but apparently I was ok. Good luck with the hospital test - it can't be any worse than those non stress tests, right?
Oh, something I forgot to mention... My friend has had to check her blood, and she said it's not bad at all. In case it ends up that way for you (which I hope it doesn't). She also failed it by 5 points both times... She was mad.
Sad news... that really stinks. Now, what does this next test determine?
Yeah, the non-stress test should have been more appropriatly named "ultrasound". That's basically all it was. They took my blood pressure too. The first glucose test is apparently a glucose screening, where they weed out those who are at risk for gestational diabetes. This second test will actually test for gestational diabetes. I guess its their way of saving money. For this next test I'll go in fasting again, drink the drink, and have my blood drawn at 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours. Then I'll probably pass out from starvation.
eeew, that does not sound fun at all! Isn't it so crazy all the things that happen to our bodies while we're pregnant? Keep us updated!
Post a Comment