Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Disgusted

I really don't want to make my blog political, but I saw this video clip yesterday on the Glen Beck show (which for the record I never watch) and was thoroughly disgusted by it (the video clip, not Glen Beck).





For the most part, I agree with what he is saying. Yes, there should be sex education. Yes, we should stress abstinence. Yes, we should teach our children that sex is not something casual. And yes, we should teach our children about contraceptives. But since when is a baby punishment? A baby is the consequence of sexual activity, not a punishment.
Accountability for action!
Isn't that part of being a parent is teaching accountability to our children???
Being a teenage mother or unwed mother is not the only alternative to abortion. There is also adoption. As the birth mother of my cousin's son stated,
"The difference between abortion and adoption is that the baby gets to live."
Are we such a selfish society that we are instilling the value in our children that "if you don't want it then no one gets to have it!"
I'll get off my soap box now...

4 comments:

Nat said...

Amen to that!

The Silverback said...

I love Glenn Beck. He is an LDS talk show host who isn't afraid to talk about the Church and what he believes. Hopefully your disgust was with Obama and not Glenn because Glenn said exactly what you and Lindsey said, i.e. since when is having a baby a "mistake" and the difference between an abortion and adoption is that with adoption the baby lives. He went on to say that the baby is not a mistake, the baby is a consequence of a choice that was made.

Mrs. S said...

yeah, I was disgusted with Obama's statement. I agreed with Glen Beck. A baby is a consequence of a choice made and I was so thoroughly irritated that Obama said he didn't want his daughters to be "punished" with a baby.

The Silverback said...

It is so sad that many in our society have so little regard for our unborn babies; the most precious and innocent among us!

Where are you From???