Mr. N loves to garden. Last year we grew our first garden...well really he did. I just picked and watered when asked... He's really the expert when it comes to all this stuff. So, anyways, with the new gardening season on the horizon, Mr. N's been itching to get started. We've decided to split our garden with our neighbors this year. So, we got together last night to start little herb gardens and lettuce. Little M was in heaven helping mix all the dirt and put it in the containers!

I wasn't too keen on getting dirty myself, so I choose to document the occasion.
Here's M mixing dirt...and occasionally eating it.
More mixing.
Here she is helping put the dirt in the pot that would hold our lettuce.
More helping.

Here is our finished herb garden. We planted cilantro, parsley, rosemary, and thyme. I didn't get a final picture of the lettuce, but since we planted just seeds...it wasn't much to photograph. M was less than thrilled when we were done and cleaned up. I put her in the tub and she balled the whole time.
8 comments:
AAAAHHHH!! The quote was driving me crazy so I CHEATED and looked it up! Mike even GUESSED E.T. but I said no!!
Love the garden. Don't forget to save some seeds for a rainy day. Seeds maybe a valuable item at some point in the future!
Baby M is so beautiful!
Cute pictures! And cilantro is one of my all time favorite herbs...so you chose well!
Cilantro -- I love it too! It's cousin of some sort grew in our grass in Panama. I acquired a taste for it there... Love the comment about M occasionally eating the dirt... And her facial expression in that picture ;).
I love playing in dirt too, so baby M and I would get along well! Jonathan and I don't get to plant a garden because we are renting a house and there isn't a yard with any dirt--all grass. I can't wait until I can follow in your footsteps.
cute baby! we'll be mixing soil and manure later this summer to prep for next years garden if you want to send her over to help?
;)
I wish I had that kind of love for the earth. My wish is that a garden of Eden will just spring up around me without any effort on my part.
Post a Comment