Thursday, February 28, 2008

Price Paid

R.I.P.



A while back I wrote a post "The Cost of a Moment of Silence" which was basically dedicated to all the little things M does to entertain herself (empty all the wipes out of the container, play with my cell phone, take all the DVD's out of the entertainment center, scatter all 100 cookie cutters all over the floor...). These were battles I chose not to fight. There are plenty of other battles I fight to help her learn boundaries and so forth (DO NOT tough Daddy's art stuff, don't play with our books, don't touch the computer, Mommy gets to shower first and she just has to wait - even though she still cries and tries desperately to get in the tub with me - I swear I haven't enjoyed a shower in months!)


Well, after that first post, Mr. N let me know that he actually preferred she didn't play with our cell phones (Not out of concern for the phone, just to prevent her calling people - as she has done - most of all, not to call 911 - as she has almost done. So, cell phones were moved to the "do not" list.


Despite all that, my phone officially died today. If you have talked to me in the last week (via phone conversation) you probably know that my phone has been having problems. It kept dropping calls, losing its signal, freezing, and restarting on its own. Now it beeps "Call Failed" with every call I've tried to make.
I've always liked this phone. I'm really not absolutely sure it was her fault, but that doesn't really matter. Now I feel completely cut off from the world. We have no house phone, my phone doesn't work, and Mr. N's always at work. Sorry...that was a mini pity party.
I have to wait until April 30th to get my new phone because that's when I'm up for my upgrade. Any recommendations?
I don't need anything fancy (Ipod, MP3 player, etc...) and I like a phone where the key pad is protected (like the razor). My friend has a chocolate phone, and I do like that.
We'll see. I hope Verizon lets me transfer service to an old phone in the mean time...other wise it is going to be a L - O - N - G 2 months!

8 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

they should let you switch; that's what hp had to do... several times! before all else, you should try throwing the phone really hard at the wall... that's what made my phone start working again. or maybe it was the fact that when it hit the wall the battery flew out, and when i put it all back together, it worked beautifully. a miracle!

Unknown said...

dumb phone!! It should be able to stand up to little M.

Kristin Hanson said...

What service do you have? Dave's phone crapped out on him a while ago, so we just bought a cheap pay as you go phone and put his sim card in it. I also have a few phone lying around from tmobile and cingular....if you are desperate :)

Mrs. S said...

Verizon. Geren checked it yesterday and couldn't find a sim card...I don't even know waht a sim card is!

Mrs. S said...

Problem is N is never home, so I can't even call stupid verizon.

Megan said...

I have a razor too, and mine has been doing the SAME exact thing the past two days. It is SO annoying, and I don't know what to do because I'm not do for an upgrade until June:(

Anonymous said...

I can send you one of our old phones. All you need is a phone that has verizon's software in it. When I thought that I had lost my current phone, I pulled out an old one and they made the service transfer in minute over the phone. Then a few days later when I found my phone, I called verizon again and they switched me back, over the phone, in just a few minutes. I can mail you an old phone...all you need is an old phone that will get you to April 30. Mama

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with the new Chocolate but I don't have Verizon. It wasn't little M. My hubby's phone died too before a year so he got a new one under warranty. Those Razors just aren't what they were thought to be.

Where are you From???