I don't like computers...when they don't work. Mainly because fixing a computer is WAY out of my realm of knowledge. Apparently our computer's hard drive broke. Our oh-so-kind neighbor took a look at our computer and when he took our hard drive out, it rattled. I'm no expert on computers, but even I knew that was a bad thing.
That leaves us two options.
1) Get a new hard drive
2) Get a new computer
The cheaper option, a new hard drive is really just a temporary, hold-you-over for a year option. The best thing to do is get a new computer. We've talked about this computer delima for a while. We both want a new computer, but we are desperately trying to get out of dept and adding an other $600-ish dollars to our dept isn't a smart move right now.
Smart.
That is the key word. Sometimes I wish I wasn't an adult. Sometimes I wish I had unlimited resources...or at least more money...or no dept. With another baby on the horizon, I don't see our financial situation improving...
Smart.
So, we have decided to take the smart route. We're going to buy a new hard drive for our old computer. Sigh... I hate being responsible sometimes.
So don't expect a lot of blog updates until we get our computer working. This blog is courtesy of our neighbors. THANK YOU!
Until then we are mourning the loss of all the stuff we didn't back-up on our old hard drive.
That leaves us two options.
1) Get a new hard drive
2) Get a new computer
The cheaper option, a new hard drive is really just a temporary, hold-you-over for a year option. The best thing to do is get a new computer. We've talked about this computer delima for a while. We both want a new computer, but we are desperately trying to get out of dept and adding an other $600-ish dollars to our dept isn't a smart move right now.
Smart.
That is the key word. Sometimes I wish I wasn't an adult. Sometimes I wish I had unlimited resources...or at least more money...or no dept. With another baby on the horizon, I don't see our financial situation improving...
Smart.
So, we have decided to take the smart route. We're going to buy a new hard drive for our old computer. Sigh... I hate being responsible sometimes.
So don't expect a lot of blog updates until we get our computer working. This blog is courtesy of our neighbors. THANK YOU!
Until then we are mourning the loss of all the stuff we didn't back-up on our old hard drive.

6 comments:
That really stinks! I'm so sorry to hear that! And yeah, being an adult isn't all that I imagined it would be :). Turns out it's not all fun and games... :). haha...
I feel your pain! Love,Mama
Yeah, I agree that adulthood is not all it was cracked up to be. Plus, is it too much to ask to be able to click a button on the computer and simply have it work!
Oh I feel your pain. A few years ago I had my hard drive crash and I lost my kids journal for several months that I hadn't printed out. I cried for DAYS! So now I am always telling people BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS!
*sigh*
Computers suck sometimes. And being "smart" sucks sometimes too:(
But just think...it's temporary. There will some a time in your life where buying a new computer will be an option! that's what I have to keep telling myself:)
Beware of anything with wires! Wires lay on the floor, so innocent looking. Don't trust them! Look away for 2 1/2 minutes and the "new" wire will be plotting with the "existing" wires...plotting to tangle, plotting to fray, plotting to harm you, your family, and all your friends...What? Something wrong with me? Nooooo....
They're coming to take me away,
Ho, ho, ha, ha, hee, hee
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmcOSO2RPA
Genetics!? Now there's another scary topic...
Love, Mama
Post a Comment