Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm not Happy About This


Due to many requests, which I have tried to ignore up until now, I've finally broken down and posted a picture of me...pregnant. In my defense, I am barely 5"2 and only have about 1/2-1 inch between the bottom of my ribcage and the top of my hip bone. Consequently, my little baby has no where to go but straight out. Sigh.... Also, because I'm sick I have to get up somewhere between 2-6 times a night to eat a snack (i.e. a banana, a slice of bread, or if it's really bad a bowl of cereal). That takes a toll too. I would love nothing more than to be one of those cute little pregnant women with the tiny pregnancy bump that disappears immediately after childbirth...but unfortunately genetics are not on my side. Thank heavens my husband is short too.... At least that helps keep the baby small. Of course maybe it would help if I delivered a 30 lb baby and only had 10 lbs to lose postpartum!!!

12 comments:

skcoe said...

You look FANTASTIC! I think you're just about one of the cutest people I know....

Nilla said...

Whatever! I think you look like a totally cute pregnant woman! And really? You're only 5'2"? For some reason I pictured you taller than that ;). Anyway, thanks for posting the picture! You look so happy and you really look great! Loveya!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! Love, Mama

Mrs. S said...

You guys are so nice! I still feel fat though...

mel said...

You look so cute... I love the way other pregnant women look, just not myself!

Mrs. S said...

I completely agree! I've got no problem with cute pregnant women with their big bellies. I think its adorable. I just have a problem with it being me! Maybe it has to do with the fact that I see myself naked.... Yikes!

Mrs. S said...

I completely agree! I've got no problem with cute pregnant women with their big bellies. I think its adorable. I just have a problem with it being me! Maybe it has to do with the fact that I see myself naked.... Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The little E family was so emphatic about her statement that she said it twice! HP

Jennifer said...

You look great! I've been waiting for a recent picture of you! Thanks for posting it! Not too much you can do about your stomach getting bigger so just embrace it... just remember the end result! Plus you look good!

Mrs. S said...

I don't know why that post posted twice. Now I feel really dumb though. Oh well...I'll blame that on the computer

Wendy Lady said...

I think you're darling. What good is it to be pregnant if you don't show it? By the way, I don't suggest giving birth to a 30 pound baby. My 10 pound babies were hard enough and I'm 4 inches taller than you!

Wendy Lady said...

I think you are darling. If you're going to be pregnant, you need to show it! I don't, however, advise giving birth to a 30 pound baby. The thought makes me shudder!

Where are you From???