
I love reading the Darwin awards. The Darwin awards:
Honestly! Who thinks that is a good idea! Maybe it takes a Y chromosome... It reminds me somewhat of my cousin's husband who decided to "shovel" their showy driveway by pouring gasoline on it and lighting it on fire... Or perhaps of my dad who (when he was in high school) got sick of a fellow student bumming cigarettes off of him every day, so took the logical approach of lacing a cigarette with gun powder and placing it in a special spot in his pack, so sure enough when the kid came and asked for the cigarette... The kid survived...he just lost his eyebrows and some hair.
You should hear my mom "You could have killed him!"
My dad, in the classic man style replied, "Nah, but he never bummed another cigarette off me again!"
No wonder women have a longer life expectancy than men! Famous last words: Hey, watch this! Never a good idea!
Oh, and I also want to share a joke... I'm a sucker for stupid jokes...
Why don't blind people like skydiving?
It scares the dog.
Honor those who improve our gene pool by inadvertently removing themselves from it.I probably enjoy them so much because I have a slightly twisted sense of humor... Our friends happen to have a book with however many stories of Darwin award winners...and like the loser I am I've read the entire book. I just wanted to share one of my favorites.
"Hey, watch this!" A fifty-three-year-old Glasgow man on tour in the Alps, attempting what police described as a bizarre stunt, attached a climber's snap hook to an unused overhead tram cable and attempted to manually ride down the mountain. But the mountain was steep, gravity was constant, and he was unable to moderate his rate of descent. He accelerated out of control and within seconds crashed against the rocks, and proceeded to bash his way two hundred meters down the slope before impacting a pylon. Reports state that several people attempted to stop him from riding down the cable. He should have listened to their advice. When he came to rest, he was DOA.Reference: BBC News, The Scotsman
Honestly! Who thinks that is a good idea! Maybe it takes a Y chromosome... It reminds me somewhat of my cousin's husband who decided to "shovel" their showy driveway by pouring gasoline on it and lighting it on fire... Or perhaps of my dad who (when he was in high school) got sick of a fellow student bumming cigarettes off of him every day, so took the logical approach of lacing a cigarette with gun powder and placing it in a special spot in his pack, so sure enough when the kid came and asked for the cigarette... The kid survived...he just lost his eyebrows and some hair.
You should hear my mom "You could have killed him!"
My dad, in the classic man style replied, "Nah, but he never bummed another cigarette off me again!"
No wonder women have a longer life expectancy than men! Famous last words: Hey, watch this! Never a good idea!
Oh, and I also want to share a joke... I'm a sucker for stupid jokes...
Why don't blind people like skydiving?
It scares the dog.

3 comments:
sick, sick girl. i love it!
I laughed all over again about HYBP and the gun powder! Men are nuts! Love, Mama PS - I'm still laughing!
My guess for the movie is Erin Brockovich.
Post a Comment