Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Paranoia, Paranoia, Everybody's Coming to Get Me...

No, I'm not paranoid, those are just the lyrics to a song I knew from high school...though I have no idea who sings it or what the name is. I just wanted to note a change to my blog that you probably haven't seen unless you've scrolled all the way to the bottom.

A Map!

I lived on the east coast for...however many years and consequently became very cautious. I also hear a lot about identity theft and baby theft...and all kinds of scary things like that and honestly it kind of freaks me out. That's the main reason I don't use our names on our blog or say where we live, etc. Yes, if you dig you can find all that out, but I honestly hope you all have something better to do with your time.

I have been toying with making our blog private ever since I got a...very unwanted comment on my blog (See President Hinckley's Funeral). That's why I now moderate my comments before allowing them to be posted. As far as I'm concerned this blog is for family and friends and I don't want people leaving mean comments that hurt or irritate me on it! But, such is the nature of the internet.

So, anyways I put a map at the bottom that will show me who is looking at my blog from where. If I get too bothered by what I find out from it, expect this blog to become private. But of course you are all invited!!!

Other changes:

The template is different again, but not because I wanted to change it. I accidently moved something under "Customize" and couldn't fix it so I solved it by changing my template. I wasn't completely ready to be done with the last template, but oh well.

Last of all, I'm stealing an idea from my cousin (Nilla) and am going to start putting movie quotes on my blog and have people guess what movie the quote is from. You can do so by posting a comment under any old post and I just won't publish it...again I'm TOTALLY stealing this idea from my cousin. Sorry! I just keep emailing her with quotes I think she should do... SO I'll stop bugging her and do it myself. If it totally bombs I'll hang my head and go into hiding...

Cheers!

5 comments:

Bea said...

i think this is a good game.Too bad i don't know that many movie:)
Bea

Katherine Ronachert said...

the map is plain cool. i can see who's a blog stalker (there's someone in tx-not the houston area. and another in mississippi) i've found that once i added that letter verification thing, i've had fewer "crazies" looking. m is adorable!

Nilla said...

Okay, I don't have a guess yet, but that quote intrigues me... I may have to see the movie if I haven't already :). Oh, and totally don't mind you "stealing" my game idea :). Give me something to think about :).

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Don't know the movie. Love, Mama

Nilla said...

Oh, still no movie guess, but I just had to look up those lyrics, because I could remember the song and the tune and everything... Green Day sings it (which was a surprise to me!).

Where are you From???