Monday, April 27, 2009

On the Way to Cape May



This past Saturday we journeyed down to Cape May to spend the day with Bryan and Tracey. Cape May is where Mr. N and I had our first date, and it was the first time we would be returning. We'd planned our first return to Cape May to be more of a romantic get-away, but when Bryan and Tracey decided to come up, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see family!




Surprisingly Bryan turned out to be a pretty good photographer! I think Tracey has some competition! We went to see the Cape May lighthouse, but didn't go up because it was $7 a person. We decided to stay on the ground, which was free!



This was an accidental picture, but I thought it was pretty cool.




The lighthouse had an animal sanctuary part...I guess that's what it's called. They had classes about the local wildlife, so we attended and it was interesting. I'm not much a fan of snakes or turtles. It turns out M wasn't either, although Baby L looked like she wanted to grab all the animals and chew on them.... I can't tell you the names of the two snakes pictured, although the smaller lighter one lives in the sand dunes.



Frog and a snapping turtle.




After the lighthouse we went to the Zoo there, which is FREE! It was really a great zoo, especially for being free! I couldn't believe how big it was.


It was SOOOO hot! It went from freezing cold, rainy weather a few days before to 80-90 degrees on Saturday! Holy cow, we were all so hot. Even the king of the jungle didn't pass up the opportunity to enjoy some rays!



All the kids rotated the use of our double stroller. M and William look like they could be twins! Uncle Bryan was good enough to push them all around.




After the zoo Tracey's mom invited us to have pizza with them. On the way there we saw this photo gallery with this sign. Now that's my idea of the hours of operation! It reminds me of a mother's hours of operation...."7:00 am-ish to 8:00 pm-ish".




Baby L was very entertaining at dinner!



Mr. N did a great job of keeping M entertained before the food arrived!





Baby L also had a great time drinking from a straw. Anything for a little food!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! love the comment on a mother's hours of operation. Awesome. Those are some great pics.

LJB said...

Looks like you guys had a great time despite it being hot! M and William do look like they could be twins. How fun! It's always nice to spend time with family. We miss you guys!

Katherine Ronachert said...

what fun!

Marisa Jean said...

Looks so fun! I love the sign for the hours on the door. So funny!

Where are you From???