Now that M is getting older, we tried to make more of an effort this year to do fun Easter activities. Saturday we decided to decorate Sugar cookies, which turned out to be a lot of fun. Of course for M it was more like "How much frosting can you eat while mom and dad decorate cookies...." It's all part of the experience though!
Here I was trying to show M how it was done. She could decorate pretty well when she wanted to, but why decorate when you have a little plate of yummy frosting to eat!
For our Easter breakfast we had (or attempted to have) bunny pancakes with blueberries, bananas, whipping cream and syrup. That is probably Mr. N's favorite breakfast (second only to homemade muffins!).
Mr. N digging in. He is the pancake maker in our house. For some reason I can't cook pancakes. I always fail miserably. This time I burned them, until Mr. N stepped in and saved the rest of the batter.
Here are mine. They looked more like funny cats.
Baby L, as always, dug right in and enjoyed eating!
Mr. N made M's pancake with a fruit face. It was very cute.


And this was M's Easter present. We picked her up Saturday. Her name is Fauna. She's a New Zealand White rabbit. We bought her from a back yard breeder and a very good price. She hadn't been handled much, so she was extremely nervous being handled. She was calmest with Mr. N of course. He has such a calming presence.
We have been handling her every day now and she really has calmed down. We're keeping her outside in a little hutch. She will be a big rabbit...between 9-12 lbs. M loves feeding Fauna. Eventually we want to get another hutch and get another one, but we're waiting to either build one or get one really cheap from someone who decided a rabbit for Easter wasn't really a good idea. We've been talking about getting a rabbit for months now, it all just came together at Easter time. It worked out well! I'll post more pictures from our Easter egg hunt once I upload the pictures!

3 comments:
Fauna is so beautiful! She looks just like the bunny I used to have! I also had a New Zealand white bunny with pink eyes, although I think mine was smaller, maybe closer to 8 pounds fully grown.
Also, you are looking super skinny in that pic!!
Also movie is Princess Diaries, I think.
I love your bunny! what perfect timing!
Post a Comment