Is anyone else bothered by the direction our country is going?
I don't know what the news reporting is like back west, but out here there is almost no reporting of some of the stuff going on with our government. It seems out here that the media won't air anything that portrays Obama in negative light. We primarily watch Fox News, which I guess is a fairly conservative channel and reports on the things the other channels won't. Like just the other day they were talking about the latest stimulus bill, budget bill, or who knows what kind of bill that is being strong-armed through, along with corruption amongst the politicians. My dad changed the channel to CNN and their big story was on what kind of clothing Michelle Obama wearing over in Europe and how she is so classy (yes, this is very true - she is absolutely beautiful) and that in such tough economic times she wears a lot of J. Crew (or some other line of clothing like that...) which demonstrated her understanding of the tough times. Yes that is true, but there are so many more important things to report on!
I am not a politician. I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a homemaker. I am a college graduate. But I didn't study politics and there are so many things about politics that I just don't understand! I do know that this country has moved drastically away from the country I grew up in. It seems more and more that we are moving towards Socialism, which doesn't work! Plus, it isn't the American way. Yes, the economy is in terrible condition, but I really do not believe that the solution to that problem is for our government to bring every offending aspect under their personal control. Nor do I believe that this out of control spending (which started previous presidency) is the solution to our problems. Isn't it common sense that when times get tough, cut back spending? Isn't it evidence enough that last year's stimulus packages did no good. Didn't all the bailouts that have been given to the auto industries, banks, etc. prove they did no good? Aren't those people coming back for more? Does no one get it?
And really, how do you fight against this?
I feel like I have no voice and no one is listening. I don't like where America is going. It scares me. I do not approve, but it seems no one is willing to hear that.
Am I alone? Maybe I'm way off....I certainly hope so.

3 comments:
Right there with ya!!
I'm there too! It's frustrating and frightening!
I definitely agree that this country isn't going anywhere good. And I think the only real way to fight it is to be prepared for bad things to happen. Not that it keeps it from happening, but it makes it a little less scary. I love your example of FOX vs. CNN... it is so true, they love to focus on Michelle's fashion.
Post a Comment