
The story of my life is losing stuff. My keys, my purse, my diaper bag, my wallet, my cell phone, Mr. N's keys, Mr. N's cell phone...you get the picture. The story of Mr. N's life is finding and keeping track of things. My keys, my purse, my diaper bag, my wallet, my cell phone, his keys, his cell phone.... I even call him at school sometimes to ask what on earth I did with various things. He has a knack for knowing where my things are.
Magic to me!
Well, in Cape May there was a very rare occurrence. Mr. N left his backpack at the lighthouse visitor center. We were able to call and have it put aside, and they told us they'd be open until 6:00 pm, so we decided to go to the zoo first (we were already there) and then we'd pick it up. Mistake. They closed at 4:00 pm. We got there at 4:30 pm. Ugh. We had to be at church the next day and were unprepared to spend the night anyways, so we ended up having to go home without the backpack. One thing you must know about Mr. N is that he is currently a nomad. He lives out of that backpack. It carries all his school stuff, church stuff, and who know what else he has in there. That's why he takes it everywhere...because it has everything he could possibly need at any given point in time.
The next day we called the visitor's center and arranged for me to make the trip down to get the back pack on Monday. I think Mr. N felt bad that I would have to make the trip, but I was really so relieved that it wasn't me this time that I didn't care in the least! I was happy to return the favor for once.

So on Monday morning I packed the girls up for another trip to Cape May. Mr. N encouraged me to pack so that we could spend some time on the beach too. We retrieved the backpack okay and then spent the next hour and a half on the beach and going to a few
scenic overlooks.

It was a lot of fun to just go around a M's pace. She thoroughly enjoyed herself, as did Baby L and myself.Fortunately I had enough foresight to put sunscreen on the girls...but not enough to put it on myself! I got mildly burned, but we had a really fun time. 200 miles later, Mr. N was reunited with his dear backpack. I probably should have taken a picture of it....

I love this outfit Baby L is wearing. I bought it for Little M actually when she was younger, but like a fool I bought the wrong season. I finally get to use it now!!!
M had so much fun running up and down this ramp. I had to take advantage of the photo opp! I think the pictures turned out pretty good!


And of course on the way home I went the wrong way! I didn't actually cross the bridge into Delaware, I was lucky enough to do a U-turn before that. I thought I'd take a picture of the welcome back to NJ though!
4 comments:
you must get your driving directions for mama!
Wow, those pics are amazing! What skill! I love that you did them in black and white. Nice job!
Looks like a fun day!
PS The Return of the Jedi--spoken by C3PO to Luke when the Ewoks take them captive and think C3PO is something special! I know, we are Star Wars junkies around here!
Well, at least you got to spend some fun time at the beach because of it. It guess that's the plus side. Those ramp pictures are adorable.
Post a Comment