Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fitness Update


Just a little update on my whole losing weight thing. I've reached my first goal! So, I've lost about 10-12 lbs over the past 3 months or so. It feels so nice to have a lot of the extra weight off and to have Mr. N say, "Wow, you look really good."


My secret? There is no secret. I started exercising and eating better. I registered on http://www.sparkpeople.com/ which helped a lot in the beginning with learning to control my portions better when I eat. I learned that too when I had Gestational Diabetes. You really don't need as much food as you would think to be healthy and comfortable. Where before I'd fill up a large portion of my plate with...whatever we're eating, now I do about half the size and drink more water. It's amazing that if you let you body sit with what you've eaten you will actually feel full! Before I'd eat until I felt really full. I also have weeded out the unnecessary snacking. Before I'd snack on cookies or whatever was lying around, and now I try to snack on carrots, raisins, pretzels, grapes...healthier stuff. I also have a bad habit of eating my food and then finishing off whatever the girls didn't eat so it doesn't get wasted. Now I just pack their food up and feed it to them later.


I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I still eat a sweet treat every day and don't plan to weed that out. I just don't want to create a lifestyle for myself that I can't keep up. I just try to factor treats like that into my lifestyle. I know myself and am trying to work with that. I can be a real "all or nothing" personality, so I'm trying to avoid that.
Anyways, I realize this is probably extremely boring. Sorry about that. It's just an update!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! Good for you! You do look great!!! I've been working on this a lot too lately, and even though the exercise part has been going awesome, the diet has been harder this last week. You've helped motivate me to keep trying harder. Keep up the good work!

Lauren Davison said...

BRAVO! That makes me want to do better. (sigh.) ;)

Lauren Davison said...

Oh, and the quote is from Emperor's New Groove

Marisa Jean said...

Nice job, S! I'm impressed--not that you looked bad before, because you didn't. Just impressed that you've disciplined yourself to do this. So many people can't do that.

beapinkal said...

You do look GREAT! i miss you!

Katie Rod said...

It's not boring at all! It's good to hear about your success with weight-loss. Us moms who are in the child-bearing years have to develop quite disciplined eating to prepare for a baby (pregnancy), feed a baby (nursing) and then try to get back to our usual size (no more baby!). It's a challenge and I am glad that your hubby noticed, too. That ALWAYS makes it worth it. :)

Jennifer said...

Yeeaaa for you!! That wasn't boring at all. I'm excited for your new changes. I know it makes such a difference when you feel good about yourself. Good job !

Liz Wilcken said...

You're lookin' HOT! What a nice figure!

Where are you From???