Friday, May 16, 2008

We're Going!



I'm actually not as excited about this move as that exclamation point above may indicate. Don't get me wrong, I am excited, but also not. I'm excited to have a change and to be closer to my family, but I'm sad to be moving away from from Mr. N's family. Also, I'm not a huge fan of selling almost everything we own and starting over. :(
A couple days ago we purchased my airplane ticket out east. I'll fly out with Natasha and the babies on August 13th at 11 something pm. We'll arrive in Newark, NJ at 6 am the next day. Mr. N and Mike will leave the morning of the 12th (I think) and make the cross country drive. We're trying to plan it so we arrive in NJ at roughly the same time. We've already started shipping things (M's 3-6 and 6-12 month clothes) to NJ. It's going to be so sad to leave.
Somehow, though, I feel like this move is unifying. This is our first real move together as a family. Granted, we are moving in with my folks, but somehow going together and starting over together makes things seem more real, like we are a family starting our life together. It will be nice when we're all done with school and can move back out west. It will be at least 4 years before that happens though.

8 comments:

KaCee said...

So many new things happening with you guys! We hope everything goes well. It all sounds exciting!

Unknown said...

Yay! things are starting to come together. It's really not so far away is it? Change is good, scary but good.

Lauren Davison said...

I'm excited for you! :) How lucky you are to have Natasha to travel with you! That's going to make a huge difference... Cars, by the way. Cars. :)

Nat said...

You know what's kind of funny? When Mike and I talk about "the babies" we usually mean the hamsters.

Nat said...

And. . .Cars!

Nilla said...

It is great you have such wonderful friends to help you move!

Taralou said...

Moving is always a lot of hard work. Some of my most stressful memories deal with moving....

On the bright side -- change is a good thing. It will be so nice for you to be closer to your family. It's amazing... I can definetly see the Lord's hand in your lives-- things seem to just fall into place! We will miss your family here, but are thrilled things are working out how you wanted them to. :-)

Wendy Lady said...

What a bittersweet time ... even though we don't see a lot of you, at least we DO see you from time to time. We'll miss having you near, but are excited for your new adventure and Mr N's opportunity to pursue what he loves. I know that Jolene is sad to see you go so far. She hates having ALL her sons so far away.

Best of luck!

Where are you From???