Sunday, May 4, 2008

Twenty-Six!

Mr. N turned 26 on Saturday! We're very broke right now, so I had to reign in my enthusiasm for all the things I would love to do for him. Plus, Mr. N is different from me in the things he likes to do. I love going to dinner, movies, etc... He would rather eat a home cooked meal and stuff along those lines. On the advice of my sister-in-law, I decided we would go to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens in celebration of his birthday (And thanks to Lorie Jo we got in at half price!). Mr. N loves plants and gardening, so it was perfect for him.
Mr. N had drill so we were going to meet in Lehi at his sister's house. I double and triple checked everything to make sure I had everything we would need. Camera, birthday cake, candles, sippy cup, snacks, diapers, wipes, birthday card....


Typically though, I forgot to make sure the camera battery was fully charged.
:(
I did get some pictures, but I had to stop taking them to salvage the battery. I'll have to wait for Lorie Jo to send her pictures so I can put some up of the actual birthday party (i.e. singing "Happy Birthday" and cutting the cake).




M had such a great time running around the gardens. She was so thrilled to be there with her cousins, and tried so hard to keep up with the big kids.






The gardens are one of our favorite places to go. They are so beautiful!


Mr. N is showing M how to smell the flowers.









M and Alyssa. I didn't get any pictures of Braden.


It was so nice to go to The Gardens again. I really wanted to make sure we went before moving.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Those are such adorable pictures! We've been meaning to go there too, because I really love tulips!

Nilla said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day! Tell Mr. N I said happy belated birthday!

Taralou said...

The gardens look BEAUTIFUL -- you got some really good pictures. I'm glad Neal had a fun birthday!

Mrs. S said...

The gardens were great! I don't know how much longer the tulips will be around, so if you want to see them, I would go now! It is so great!

Katherine Ronachert said...

beautiful! happy birthday!

Lauren Davison said...

SO CUTE! and p.s. Kirby is the same way with meals. He LOVES to have the homestuff, while I love going out!

Jolene said...

What a fun way to spend a birthday. I love the gardens and know you will be glad for the memories.

Where are you From???