So I think our family is finally over the stomach flu. Saturday morning started out like any other Saturday. I was marveling at the fact that M slept in until 9:30 am, which never happens. When she finally woke up, the whole tenor of my day changed. I opened her door and was met with the overwhelming smell of...sick. She had thrown up in her sleep at least 3 times (judging by how covered her sheets were with it). She too was completely covered. N was at work, so it was just the two of us. I got her up, gave her some milk (mistake...), and put her in the tub to clean her off. The milk came up in the tub. Anyways, it was no fun for either of us. A million thanks to Natasha for doing a load of puke covered sheets and clothes for us! I didn't want to haul her to the laundry mat and have her throw up everywhere!
As long as all I fed her was Gatorade and crackers, she seemed to do okay.
Sunday came and she was still sick. We were scheduled to speak in church that Sunday, so again Natasha saved us by watching M while we went to fulfill our duties. Needless to say we did not celebrate mother's day on Sunday. Sunday night I finally called the pediatrician. All M had eaten all weekend was 3 Ritz crackers and Gatorade. I was worried how long I should let it go on before it was too much. They weren't worried because she was keeping down liquids. And, fortunately Sunday night she finally recovered her appetite. She ate almost a whole banana and 2/3rds a piece of toast. Hooray!
Monday she woke up and she was fine.
Monday Mr. N woke up and he was not fine.
Poor guy. He got the flu and just laid on the bathroom floor for hours, occasionally throwing up. I had two doctor's appointments in the morning so I took off with M and left him with Gatorade and his cell phone and wished him well. Poor guy....I felt so bad for him! At both appointments I had to wait about an hour to get in...not fun when you're trying to entertain a 15 month old who needs a nap and doesn't want to eat the snacks I had. My ob was delivering a baby...so we waited for him. He was funny, though, when he came back. He said, "Yeah, it's no fun unless you're the one making everyone wait because you're having the baby." No kidding. Then I had a follow-up at the hospital with the diabetic nurse educator. There was a miscommunication there. The ladies at the front desk told me she was really backed up and to wait in the waiting area. Apparently she wasn't...she sat back there for an hour wondering where I was. Finally I went to ask them how much longer because I had a 3rd appointment to get the windshield replaced in our corolla (Mr. N was suppose to do that while I was at the ob, but considering the circumstances I rescheduled so I could take care of it). Anyways, I finally got back there, met with the lady for all of 7 or 8 minutes and left. I literally ran home, fed M, laid her down for a nap, check on Mr. N to see if he was still alive (Poor guy kept saying "I've had enough of this mortality thing! I just want to die!"), told him several times that M was napping so to listen out for her, and drove to Lindon to get the windshield replaced.
Life usually isn't this crazy!
I got there and suddenly had nothing to do and no baby to entertain for a whole hour. I was kind of nice, but odd. I didn't anticipate that much, and forgot the lunch I had packed for myself, so I walked over to a Chinese Restaurant and ate Orange Chicken and read their place mat that told all about the Chinese Calender and year of the rat, dog, snack, etc. It was interesting. I'll blog about it later cause I'm a loser.
My blogs usually don't require this much typing! I wonder if anyone's actually held on to read it all!
Anyways, I went home just in time for M to wake up. Perfect timing. Then I arranged with the car guy to meet him at his bank and finalize all the paperwork. By then Mr. N started feeling slightly better. He got out of bed and wandered around the house for a bit. He helped me find how to do a Bill of Sale for a car and we got all that info filled in and then headed to the bank together so he could drive me home after the guy bought our corolla and took it home with him. I didn't really want to walk home! :)
After that all the excitement of the day was over, but M was completely stir-crazy from being inside so much so we had to take several walks. Mr. N even came with us, though he looked horrible. He's such a good husband and father.
Anyways, that was our weekend! Not that fun, and I'm glad it's over. We'll be celebrating Mother's Day next Sunday, though I must say at this point I've lost my enthusiasm for the day!

7 comments:
yeah, i saw a card that said "happy mother's day" only the m was crossed out to read, "happy other's day". it's so true that even on mother's day a mom never gets rest. it's all worth it in the end... i've heard. ;)
I read the whole thing:) What a weekend! I'm glad you guys all feeling better! If you ever need help let us know!
Whew... That was a crazy weekend! And, as I am a complete loser I guess, I read the whole thing :). You can count on me always doing that ;). Glad everyone is on the mend!
I read it too! I love how we are all counting it as a big accomplishment! :) I am glad you are all feeling better. and am now anxious to scroll up and read all that you learned about the Chinese Zodiac!!!
I'm so impressed that you guys read the whole thing! Probably because I would have taken one look at it myself and thought "yeah right!" Good job! Its a huge accomplishment!!!
Oh man, I'm so sorry your family got that nasty bug! You probably got it form us somehow...it's been going around the ward:( It's the worst, huh? Well, I know you all are feeling better now, but is there anything I can do?
BTW, your talk in sacrament meeting was really good. I actually had to leave during relief society because Bree spit up all over her dress. But I took her home and changed her, then came back for sacrament meeting...and I'm so glad I did! You are a great example for me:)
I hope everyone is feeling better now.
Post a Comment