Friday, May 9, 2008

Let Sleeping Babies Lie

Last night we were in bed and I was on my side and Mr. N was laying behind me with his arm around me. He put his hand on my belly and was feeling for the baby, but she apparently was asleep or something. He said to me "I can't feel her." He then proceeded to take his hand and go bam, bam, bam against my belly (For those of you who may be concerned, it didn't hurt me at all).


I immediatly responded, "What are you doing? Don't wake her up, I'm trying to go to sleep!"


Mr. N responded, "Oh, sorry." (He was chuckling though as he said it)


It was too late. He succeeded in waking her up and for the next hour our little acrobat was twisting, turning, kicking, stretching, pushing... Mr. N fell asleep, and after a long while I did too. What I should have done was swing around and press my belly against his back as he slept...that way both of us could enjoy.




On another note, we sold the Corolla! 48 hours after listing it on KSL.com, it sold for the price we were asking. I am torn about his. The corolla was the first car I ever purchased on my own, and I love it! Mr. N and I juggled schedules and school with one car...this car...for the first 3 years of our marriage. We brought M home from the hospital in this car. We have never had a problem with it, other than routine maintenance. But, it is just a car. It's just a thing, and we are getting enough money from it to fund us quite a bit for the first year of school. That's what is important. And, the family who is buying the car seems like a really good family. They own only Toyotas...so it will fit right in! It's still hard to say good-bye though.

7 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

HAHAH! I have to say, I actually laughed out loud at the "Bam Bam Bam!" Oh man. Good times...

and p.s. Great talk today! :)

Katherine Ronachert said...

hysterical!
i'm so sad about your car. i know how you feel. i felt the same about my escort (even if it was a piece of crap).

Unknown said...

You really should have made him stay awake with you! Guys have no idea. So, funny. You gave a talk today? So, sad I didn't hear it, what was it about?
Also, too bad about the Corolla. We are planning on selling our truck soon too, and that makes me really sad too, just so many memories.

Unknown said...

and the movie, I believe, is Batman Forever

Mrs. S said...

Good job Megan on the movie. Yeah we did talk in church. Hopefully this means we won't have to do it again for a long while! I spoke on what I've learned as a mom and N spoke on his mom. People seem to think we did okay, so great!

Melanie said...

Okay, I swear that The Prince of Egypt has the same line... sheesh how embarrassing... maybe you could delete that? And I'm starting my search for notions for my bag today- have you picked a day to do it yet? I'm hoping to have it done by next week- we're driving to Denver and I'm sure that would buy us at least 20 minutes of entertainment!

Mrs. S said...

When you guessed Prince of Egypt, I thought, "yeah, it totally could be!" Very good guess. You get honorable mention

Where are you From???