Thursday, May 1, 2008

Feeding the Ducks

Yesterday some friends invited M and I to the duck pond to feed the ducks.



This was a first for M. She'd never seen or fed ducks before.



She actually did really well. She threw pieces of bread to the ducks in the water. Eventually I gave her a whole piece of bread and she even broke off pieces and threw them in to the ducks....though sometimes she broke off pieces and then threw the slice of bread to the ducks. She got the concept though!



Here's a duck going for one of M's pieces.


I didn't do too great of a job taking pictures...I was trying to take pictures and keep M from falling into the icky duck water at the same time. That child has NO FEAR. That's why there are no photos of her face. Also, I didn't really get any good ones of Kelsey and Leah, the friends who came with us.



Here's Leah.



Here's Kelsey chowing down. Why feed the ducks when it's perfectly good bread you can eat yourself??? That's Kelsey's mommy's feet in the background.



Another duck eating her bread.



She frequently threw pieces that fell short of the pond, and had to pick them up and throw them again.




She too snacked on an occasional piece here and there.




And look! Ducks weren't the only thing in the pond! There were six turtles as well. I don't know why all six were trying to get on the same little spot on that log though...

This was the best picture I got of all three girls. So cute!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! too bad Quincey couldn't come to break up the girl party. Thanks for all of your help today, and for the yummy slushie! I think that was my favorite part of my day.

Nilla said...

Very cute!

Lauren Davison said...

How fun! :) I'm pretty sure the quote is from Fiddler on the Roof, by the way. :) I WIN!!!

Melanie said...

Cute pictures! I especially love Leah's fat cheeks in the last one- she ate more bread than the ducks, I think!

Where are you From???