Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ummm....

M loves to go to the library, and she loves to read books. Every few weeks we go to the library to pick out some new books for her to read. The last time we went we got his book:

It looked like a cute enough book about a little girl and her Donkey. The girl thinks the Donkey gets sick and sends him off to the doctor. Usually M flips through them so fast I never get a real comprehensive read of the books we check out. After having it for a few days, and reading it a few times, she was finally in the mood to read the book a little slower. So, I got to actually read the story and look at the pictures.


Do you see what I see???

I was shocked when I read this page. Yes, it is...accurate...but wow. As my friend Melanie said, "Well, it was published in the UK..."

7 comments:

Nat said...

This still cracks me up.

Nilla said...

Oh, trust me... There's stuff published here too that will shock you ;). OFf the top of my head... Walter the Farting Dog series. Very popular as you may imagine...

I laughed, though. I seriously laughed. I know that's probably terrible, but I did. And check out the donkey's eyes in that picture. Yeah, my eyes would probably be that big too. Hahaha...

Liz Wilcken said...

Ok, that's kinda funny, yet disturbing. I recommend the "Coco" board books. Rose loves those. Like "C is for Coco". They're by Sloane Tanen.rv

Unknown said...

That is quite the graphic book! I love that you thought to post about it! Thanks again for calling me last night, it made my night. Yay for internet! (I finally have it in my home)

Unknown said...

oh, and i think the movie is Fiddler on the roof, and if it's not.... it should be.

Mrs. S said...

We laughed too at the book...it was still slightly disturbing to see it in a children's book though! Never heard of Walter the Farting Dog series! Interesting... :)

Katherine Ronachert said...

guess everybody poops and walter the farting dog is off your list? ha ha ha!
cracks me up! you gotta wonder how people come up with these things!

Where are you From???