Mr. N and I have been memorizing the Proclamation to the Family. It's been really fun to do it together. We are a little more than half way through right now. It's fun, when we recite it we go back and forth saying parts of sentences. Anyways, in the Proclamation it talks about the importance of doing wholesome recreational activities with your family.
In the name of wholesome recreational activities, I decided to make cards today with M. I was trying to think of a way to involve her, so I broke out my rainbow stamp pad and got paper and glitter...and went for it! I thought she would really enjoy stamping her hands, but it turns out she didn't! I put M in the tub and used the stamp pad on her hands and did the first paper, then as I was putting the paper down to get another, she looked at her hands and started balling. She was crying hysterically. I guess she didn't like that her hands being all colored. She just looked at them, started crying harder, and looked at me.... I felt bad for her, but it was also kind of funny. I quickly stamped the other two papers and then did her feet...but then she was very upset that her hands and feet were colored. Once I got the water running and washed her hands and feet off she was fine.
See our handy work!
Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of her crying. I didn't want to torture her more than necessary. Like I said, once her hands and feet were washed clean, she was happy!
I forgot to get a picture of all three cards...we already gave it to its new owner. Here are the other two that are destined for grandparents....hopefully they get them via mail before seeing them on the blog!

6 comments:
That is such a cute idea! And how cool that you guys are memorizing the proclomation...I should try it too.
rose really loved the pictures of M. "beebee!"
You know, it actually isn't that hard to memorize. A lot of it makes sense, so it comes easily. N has a really hard time with memorization, and he is doing better than me!
ahhh! so happy for blogging, we get internet in our apt tomorrow (right now I am at the library) It is good to catch up on you guys, it hasn't even been a whole week, but it feels like a lot longer! miss you!
I'm amazed that mirror picture turned out so well! Do you need to borrow my bday card back to photograph it?
I love them ! It's a fantastic idea! Brilliant, as usual...
Post a Comment