D&C 38:30 says "...but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear."
Today we got a little glimpse of that. Our little, itsy bitsy town was listed on the news among other towns as being under a tornado warning. We had about 15 minutes warning. It was just my mom, the girls and I at home (my dad wasn't home from work yet and Mr. N's safely in Europe). I was grateful for that. My mom and I both went and grabbed our 72-hour kits and bunkered down. We were fully ready in about 10 minutes. I didn't really expect a tornado, but it felt wonderful to know we were prepared! I felt oddly calm about everything. Of course I was really nervous about the prospect of a natural disaster, but I was calm because I knew we were prepared! It was worth all the time and effort.

3 comments:
Great reminder! I'm glad everything was fine.
We actually went through our emergency to go bags just last night and I thought about you the whole time because I remember your post on getting your stuff ready and having enough water for your girls and whatnot. I'm glad you all were safe!
Scary! I need to get our 72 hour kits. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. This is a good reminder. Glad you're all okay!
Post a Comment