Last Tuesday my sister decided she wanted to go to the beach with her boys (she's visiting from Oklahoma). I'm not really a beach kind of girl, but decided that M and I would tag along. (Baby L got to spend some quality time with Daddy while we went to the beach...of course "quality time" included her first dentist appointment which she wasn't thrilled about, but oh well). So we packed in her car (which luckily has the biggest trunk I've ever seen. I think 5 full grown bodies could be stuffed in that trunk) and headed to the shore.

Surprisingly (for me at least) we had a blast. I've never really gone to a beach and had a great time, but it was so fun to play and have fun and just go at the kids pace.

M for some reason was fascinated with just the feel of the sand on her belly.

M was also afraid of the ocean. It was so funny because if anyone went too close to the water, or into the water, She would get all anxious and yell, "Come back, come back!"
Here are my sister's boys playing in the sand.
Here are M and I.
Here are some pretty shots of the water and sky. It was a nice day. We even saw a dolphin out swimming in the water.

After the beach we went on the boardwalk and the kids got to play some games. M had been dying to go on a Merry-go-Round for ages, and they had one there that was only $2 a ride so we decided to go. M was thrilled; I swear she was smiling from ear to ear. She was so sad when we had to get off though.
When we left My sister's oldest son took M the hand and escorted her to the car. It was so cute. She wouldn't take my hand and walk, but she had no problem taking her cousins hand!



3 comments:
i'm not sure which was funnier witnessing m falling in the holes or you describing it.
5 full grown bodies could fit in her trunk? Honestly Stef, sometimes I worry about you if that's the first thing that came to your mind. . .
Haha, well in my defense it was the description my sister gave me of her trunk, and it just happened to be true! :)
Post a Comment