Warning: This post mentions poop! If you are grossed out by reading about poop, you would be better served reading updates on some other family's life.... :)
**Oh yeah, the movie quote is updated too!**
This afternoon Baby L and I enjoyed several hours of together time swimming in the pool while M slept. It was great! We seldom get alone time together and it was so nice to just play. She got a huge kick out of watching me dive into the pool. Her favorite past-time, though, is walking around the pool throwing everything she can find into it. The bottom of the pool is forever littered with goggles, toys, towels, water bottles, and anything else she can manage to get her little hands on. It's pretty funny to watch her chuck item after item into the pool and then applaud herself for her ingenuity!
Aside from that, This week has been filled with picking. I'm starting to understand why this state is called "The Garden State." I never understood that. I always thought the nick-name, "The Garbage State" was more fitting. But as it turns out, here in the south part of the state we are surrounded by farms. People have been telling me that for years, but I never really believed them. So since this week is the last week of blueberry season, we decided to go again yesterday to make sure we had enough to get us through the year. The blueberries were so beautiful this time around! They were huge, about the size of a nickle, and incredibly sweet! All you had to do was stand there at one bush and pluck them all and let them fall into the bucket. What a difference from going at the end of the season versus going at the beginning, like we did before. While we picked the girls just played in the rows. It was fun for them and fun for us. As it turned out, though, L ate a lot of sand. I didn't realize it at the time, but this morning when I changed her diaper I couldn't figure out why it was so grainy. It took me a minute to figure out that there was sand mixed in with the poop...and there's only one way that could have happened! Ick. Nothing like an exfoliating poopy diaper for your bum to wake you up in the morning....
Today we went Peach picking and Blackberry picking. As it turns out we were too early for Peaches, but we still picked them. We're just going to brown-paper-bag ripen them. We only picked a few, so we plan on going in 2 weeks when Mr. N is home. They should be fully ripened by then. The blackberries were HUGE. I was so surprised. I thought blackberries were more the size of raspberries, but they are a lot bigger. More like a small/medium sized strawberry. And, Baby L LOVED them. I was really surprised by that too. She ate them by the handful, thoroughly staining her face, arms, hands and clothing. M wasn't that impressed. We picked about 4 pints of blackberries. After the girls went to bed I made a batch of raspberry/blackberry freezer jam and it was amazing! By far better than the blueberry, strawberry and raspberry jam we already have. I think I'm going to buy more raspberries so we can make the jam mixture again. It was so yummy!
Mr. N should be returning from Germany Sunday, though there is a slight chance it will be Saturday. He went to a Castle today, and has toured a few German towns. I asked him how the castle was and he responded, "Old." Such a typical male response!

4 comments:
I liked your warning. Good thing I am so used to poop right now, that nothing can scare me away!
But yeah, sandy poop.... that can't feel comfy.
And it sure sounds like Mr. N is sure enjoying himself! I can't wait to go to Germany now and see the OLD Castles! lol... how funny. So sounds like something G would say.
I'm thinkin' the movie is Princess Bride.
Princess Bride! (at least I'm pretty sure...)
I'm so jealous of Neal right now. I miss seeing all those castles -- I have some great memories of hanging out with high school friends at the Heidelberg castle. Josh and I even had our Prom there. They are really neat, but Neal is right -- they are old! LOL
Post a Comment