Thursday, July 23, 2009

Last Beach Visit

My sister's visit came to an end on Wednesday. Before she left she wanted to get her fill of the desert, so we all took a trip to the beach again. We went to a different and nicer beach this time...and paid for it. Literally. It cost $12 per car to park and $7 for 5-year-olds and above to get on the beach! Yikes! My sister really wanted to go to this beach though because there was this really good restaurant she'd heard about that she wanted to try. Apparently with this pregnancy she has been craving oysters and red sauce, and this restaurant was suppose to be a good sea food place. So we went. This was Baby L's first time enjoying the beach, unless you count the time I nursed her on the beach when she was 6 weeks old while Mr. N and our friends took M down to see the waves....



One thing that is very characteristic of M is that she is very reserved about new situations, but once she gets comfortable she is fearless. We'd made one beach trip previously, and it appeared that that was all she needed to be fearless when it came to the waves. Not a very comforting occurrence for Mom and Grandma! We had to be very careful with her this time so she wouldn't get swept out to sea. She didn't want anything to do with me this time, but preferred to spend time playing in the waves with my mom. They were water buddies, and M had a blast.



The water looks blue in this picture, but I thought it looked more brown in person. Lovely!




My sister (who hopefully won't decapitate me for putting a picture of her up on the Internet...I should be safe though because it was taken at a bit of a distance and she is currently driving across the country so is unlikely to see this post!!!) entertained the kids with bubbles. Her Chum and M were such cute buddies. All the cousins got along really well. They did fight a bit, but what kids don't!




Here's my mom and I. My sister is a big fan of self portraits so we took one of ourselves while she was off blowing bubbles. Mr. N wasn't able to come with us because he'd left for Germany the day before. He'll be there for 2 weeks (well, an additional 1 1/2 weeks from now). I know I'd make a terrible military wife...no one needs to tell me that. I hate the 2 weeks a year that we're separated. It's so depressing. He's under strict instructions to bring me back chocolate and a tee shirt though!



Told you she likes self portraits!



Here are Baby L and Chum yelling at each other. I think baby L had taken something of his....

Nothing like a cool drink on a hot beach! Oh, and just in case you are interested, this child doesn't like to eat sand. She eats dirt, rocks, dog food, and pretty much anything else she can get into her mouth, but it was a no-go on the sand! Who knew.

Having fun.


These pictures were so funny. I'd told Jdub to make his "scariest face ever!" and this is what he came up with! It was so hilarious!



This is the restaurant we went to. All these pictures are courtesy of my sister, because our camera is vacationing in Germany. My sister's gone now and I'm really bummed about it. We had such a fun time. I really wish she lived closer. Scratch that. I really wish we lived closer to her. There's nothing like family. It's fun to see our relationship develop on a new level two as we are now both married adults with children. I don't like good-byes...and two in one week isn't...fun.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would be a mess without my husband for a couple of weeks too. How exciting that he gets to travel, though. I am glad you have family around while he's gone. And I really wish I knew your movie quotes, they all sound vaguely familiar, but I can't put my finger on it!

Where are you From???