Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Mutant Vegetable!


Check out this mutant we grew in our garden. We have squash and zucchini growing right next to each other, and apparently they mated! This thing is half zucchini, half squash. It looks completely like a zucchini on one side (the texture, appearance...) and totally like a squash on the other! Is this normal? What should we call it? A "squacchini or a zucchiash? We haven't cut it open yet, but it should be interesting to see what it tastes like. We have another one of these freaks growing on the same bush this came from.

Talk about a moment of weird...

4 comments:

Nat said...

Whoa!!! Very cool. My vote is definitely for squacchini. Wonder what kind of bread that would make. . .

Nat said...

Also, this was just on tv the other night, so I'm pretty sure the quote is Ghostbusters.

Unknown said...

Personally, I like Zucchiash. That is the coolest vegetable ever.

Marisa Jean said...

I'm interested to see what it looks like on the inside.

Where are you From???