Our Internet has been down since Thursday, so it's a relief to connect with the rest of the world again! It's amazing how necessary Internet is in my life. We didn't even have an Internet connection in our house until I was like 14. What a difference 13 years makes! Yikes...I'm getting old. :)
I want to share something I learned while I was on my mission. This is truly amazing. In my last area I lived in an apartment with two other sister missionaries. I really don't remember names now...isn't that terrible! This one missionary was brand new and from Australia. Apparently this is something they do there. She taught me this with cookies she brought from Australia (which they apparently use for this...they don't have those cookies in the States...and when I go to the store I usually glace at the cookies unconsciously to see if I can find a cookie similar). I've never been able to find a cookie that would work, and out of no where Mr. N brought home the perfect cookies a few weeks ago! Who knew!
So what you need are the Keebler Fudge Shoppe Deluxe Grahams cookies and hot chocolate. Then bite off a very small corner on opposite ends of the cookie (See picture...I did the top right corner and bottom left corner)
Then hold the cookie diagonally and place one bitten end in the cocoa and then suck through the other end (like a straw). You can only get a couple good pulls before the cookie starts to melt, so when you get some hot cocoa through the cookie you then have to take it quickly and eat the whole cookie. It's so yummy because the whole graham part on the inside of the cookie is saturated with cocoa. Try it. If you like chocolate and hot cocoa, you'll love it! Mr. N wouldn't try. It's not his thing. He did document the occasion for me though. Of course he was looking at me like he was questioning my sanity the whole time!
The other day it wasn't bitter cold outside for a change, so we took advantage of the occasion and played outside.
Here's M saying "Shhhhh"
And here's Mr. N playing with L. I don't have a ton of pictures right now. Mr. N's been taking the camera to school a lot lately to document his work. Take a peek at his blog here. Some good news for N though, he took our laptop to his military drill weekend (he works in a dental office for his drill duty) this past weekend and showed his work to one of the dentists he works with. She really loved it and showed it to the commander (I think). Now they want Mr. N to paint murals in the dental office and other places in the building. Isn't that great!!! Go Mr. N!

4 comments:
The cracker trick sounds DELICIOUS!
Oh yeah! It's called the Tim Tam Slam! (Tim Tam is the name of the cookie) My aunt is from Samoa and we do this a lot whenever she brings back the cookies.
Neal, I thought we had agreed that we would be willing to try new things (like Pumellos, etc.): what's wrong with a cookie straw?!? Sheeze!
(This is Josh on Tara's account since I'm apparently not invited to your blog ;-). Squashjjw@aol.com
I Love the hot chocolate idea! and Mady's hair is getting so long. And, go Neal! That is exciting.
Post a Comment