My bil is a self proclaimed hunter. He calls himself a hunter, but since he married my sister (almost 7 years ago) he's only killed one deer and one turkey. He claims that she has cursed him (hehehe) because she doesn't approve of hunting. So, when I think of guns, I think of him.
This past week we were in Virginia with Mr. N's brother for Christmas. He lives on a lot of land and has a few guns so I went out back with Bryan and Mr. N and they taught me how to shoot.
They taught me with a 40 caliber hand gun.
It turns out I wasn't really a bad shot. I got the guy in the head, both sides of the collar bone, twice in the heart and in the gut. You should have seen the way Mr. N looked at me. It was with a whole new level of respect. It made me laugh.
Next, Bryan pulled out the big gun. Mr. N says it's an M4.
Doesn't he look good! Bryan said having the little kiddo picnic table in the foreground of the picture throws it off a bit!
This is Bryan.
Mr. N got him in the hand, hip and missed one.
Here's me with the big gun. I didn't like it as much. For starters I couldn't hold the dang thing. It was too heavy and I'm too weak in my upper arms. Bryan and Mr. N showed me how to sit and shoot and that helped.
This is the same target Mr. N shot at. We did about the same. I got him in both hands, missed one, the femoral artery.
This was later that day. The kids were inside while we shot. In this picture I'm blowing air in L's open mouth. She thinks it is so funny. When I do it with her she leans her head forward with her mouth in a perfect O and giggles. It's so cute!
Here we are!
Here are Brianne and William playing on their "house". Brianne was the Queen and William was Edmund (Narnia). M joined them later, but I can't remember what she was...

2 comments:
Wow! That's really cool. I've only ever shot a BB gun, and I probably wasn't very good at that!
If you're that good of a shot on your first time out, I would hate to make you mad (wink wink)!
Post a Comment