Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Swimming in Virginia


One of our days in Virginia we went swimming. It was a lot of fun. It was an indoor heated pool. M had a blast. Both girls were unsure at first. It was L's first time swimming. She was on the verge of crying when we got it. I got out with her and got a towel to wrap her up in and then got back in the pool and that seemed to help. The towel got wet as we swam, but it seemed to make her feel more secure. She remained wide-eyed and unsure the whole time, but was secure being held by either mom or dad.


Brianne lent swimsuits to Baby L and M. She only had size 3T, so they were a bit big. M's fit well, but L's was so big it was comical.



Bryson was so funny. He was looking at me as I was going to take this picture so I growled at him like a tiger playfully and this was the response I got back. He thought it was very funny.



This was the self portrait I took of L and I when I got out to wrap her in the towel. Her wide-eyed expression in this picture is pretty much how she looked all night.


We also decided to take a self-portrait of our feet.



Isn't he sexy! I had fun shooting pictures of Mr. N. I think he has the prettiest eyes. Green eyes are by far my most favorite color of eyes. I love the color of the girls eyes too. They have the most beautiful blue eyes. Mr. N noticed a few days ago that M is starting to get a tinge of green in the middle of her eyes, so I wonder if they'll change to look like Mr. N's. It should be interesting. We have two blue-eyed beauties, so we've never experienced an eye color change.







In these photos Mr. N was talking to M.



Here's Mr. N playing with M. It was so fun to watch her play with her dad. M is so independent. She wants to do everything herself. She was confident and secure to go around and and play in the shallow end as long as we were close, but not right on top of her.



Bryan held L for me so I could get into the tube.




I teased Bryan and Tracey about Bryson’s stroller. I guess when they went to Disney world Tracey forgot a stroller and this was the only one they had. It made me think of that song by Johnny Cash "A Boy Named Sue". Basically the song is about a boy who gets named Sue by his dad before he abandons the family. Later when the boy is grown he finds his dad and his dad tells him that he named him sue so he would be tough. I teased them that Bryson would end up as a tough little guy because of his stroller.


This is the youtube video of the song.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That makes me want to go swimming! I love the feet portrait. So cute. You both have very nice looking feet. And also I loved the wide eyed Lydia picture. I think she looks a lot like you.

Megan said...

so fun! i want to go swimming too. I love lydia's big eyes! she looked so shocked:) you sire have a cute family!

Liz Wilcken said...

Well, I'm not sure if it's ok to say if someone else's hubby is sexy, but he does look pretty darn good :) I like the picture of ya'll's feet :)

Where are you From???