Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Meet Sue


One of the goals in my life is to name a cow. I don't know why. It just sounds like the sort of thing a person should do. I've now done that. My sister fostered 4 orphaned calves for a couple weeks until they could take them to her father-in-law's farm. Her son's both named one and she named one, but her hubby refused to name the last one. Ceasing the opportunity to fulfil a life goal, I quickly called her and asked if I could name him. The name I choose: Sue. I thought it was pretty darn funny.




See this video if you want to know why.


This all happened before we went to Virginia, that's why the song was on my mind when I saw Bryson and his flowery pink stroller. My sister thought the name was hilarious so now the nameless cow is named!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Ironically, my dad also had a cow named Sue.

Katie Rod said...

I just learned the other day that the song was written by Shel Silverstein. So is the cow a male and named Sue or just a female named Sue?

Mrs. S said...

I guess I should clarify that it is a boy cow named sue. I didn't know that song was written by someone else. I should have done my homework!

Katherine Ronachert said...

Just so you know I was still trying to decide on a name. I was having trouble with which one to go with. Hear were my choices; Ground Beef, Medium Rare, Beef Stew, New York Strip, Veal (that one sounds to much like Neal),and T Bone. I'm glad we were able to help you accomplish this dream and just to give you an update Sue is doing very well on the farm and has started drinking from a bucked.
TEM

Where are you From???