Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Virginia


For Christmas we went down to Virginia to visit Mr. N's brother Bryan and his family. We had such a good time. The kids had a blast together. It was really nice to spend time together and see Virginia. Mr. N lived there when he was a kid, but I'd never done anything but drive through the state. It really was pretty.



Here's Bryson in his Christmas PJ's. He's Bryan and Tracey's youngest.




Here's M Christmas morning with her stocking and gifts from Santa. She got a Curious George and Sleeping Beauty DVD.




Tracey had a bumbo seat and that was so great for L. It really does help! L is sitting so much better this week versus before we went to Virginia. It helped strengthen her back muscles a lot.



Here they are in their matching PJ's! This was the best picture of the two of them I got.



And this is why.... M pushed L away to go "play" shortly after I took the first picture.



Oh, This picture is out of order. This is the manger scene we did on Christmas Eve. I narrated, L was Jesus, M was the Angel and the sheep, Mr. N was a Shepherd, Bryan was the Donkey (I guess that keeps with tradition), and Brianne was Mary.




Here's L with her stocking on Christmas morning. She got a baby doll from Aunt Katherine and a DVD too.



I didn't bother to bring down our stockings (me and Mr. N) so Tracey made these cute stockings for us!



Bryson with his presents.




Here are Brianne and William with their stockings.



William got this really neat Pirate Ship that had all the kids and Bryan entertained.



Here's M reading a book she got from Aunt Tracey and wearing a crown.



M got this Mermaid barbie from my mom and it was a hit!



Look at her face when she realized what it was! Bryson even came in for a peek.


L thought the presents made great chewing toys.


Yummy! Socks.




You know that saying about spending all kinds of money for presents and then the kids play in the box...




Everyone kept coming back to this pirate ship. It was very cool.



Bryan carved the turkey...but something definitely went wrong in the process.




When he was done it looked like an unfortunate casualty of war. :)



This is his "what are you doing now?" look!



The kids had fun eating Christmas Dinner together.



Here's sweet Bryson reading a book.




William and M played a lot together. They are both kind of tough so they played well, although I can't imagine if they were twins! Yikes! I think they both spent a quarter of their time in time-out because they were fighting with each other.




M has finally mastered saying "Cheese" and smiling! She doesn't always look at the camera when she does so, but still... :)



Daddy and M love ice cream. We had a wonderful time and it was a great Christmas! Thanks Bryan and Tracey!
Thanks everyone for the gifts. We were limited on space and didn't take all of them with us down to Virginia.

3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Looks like your holiday was full of love and fun. I haven't seen Tracey and Brian in years. Good to see they are healthy and happy. I love your stockings too. Very cute!

Unknown said...

M is getting so big! I love their PJ's. And m's face when she's the doll is priceless.

Jolene said...

What a lot of fun pictures of Christmas. I'm sooo glad you were able to spend time with Bryan and Tracey and their family. I love the matching purple "jammies". Also it is so true that no matter what kids get for Christmas they love playing in the boxes and wrapping paper [at least when they are young] although Neal sure looks like he's having fun too.

Where are you From???