These are the tee-shirts we had made for the reunion. (The reunion was held at my aunt's place of work...a funeral home. Sick, right? It was fun. So, on the shirts we played that part up). My cousin Hila (Hila...pronounced Hi[Like "Hi, how are you"] - La, is a family name. I think my mom's great grandma was a Hila, my mom's Aunt was a Hila, my mom is a Hila, my cousin is a Hila, and my sister wants to have a Hila...if she can ever manage to produce a female offspring that is!). Lots of tangents...sorry. My cousin Hila and her mom, Debbie did so much work to put this reunion together. I don't think it would have happened without them! The shirts have lime green writing because my Grandparent's last name is Lyman, so lime green became the theme color.
This was fun...although I think not seeing myself from the back is better! I can't remember who's idea it was to get this picture, but good job!
These are my girl cousins. Left to Right: Christina, Elka, Me & Hila.
And their back sides... We had a talent show and they decided to sing the "Sisters" song from White Christmas and were practicing. It was so funny!
My mom and El (my sister's hubby) sang a duet of "There's a hole in my bucket". That was really funny too. They had all the props and everything.
My mom is a firm believer in the fact that no social gathering is complete without teaching/singing the Chicken dance. M had a lot of fun dancing. She danced in the talent show. I was worried she would be nervous to preform, but man was I wrong! Once she realized people applauded for her when she danced we couldn't get her to stop the rest of the night. It was so funny!
This is either the Chicken Dance or the Hokey Pokey.
My cousin Brad, his wife Tarylyn & one of their sons, & Hila with L.
Here is half of Ben (starting on the left), Arthur, Jimmy's girlfriend, Elliott shaking her hand, Jimmy and Ben's step-son.
Grandpa. He's not doing well health-wise, which is one of the major reasons we decided to have the reunion.
Hila, Aunt Sue & Aunt Debbie. Aunt Sue (middle) is amazing! She survived stage 3C breast cancer, hand quilts these amazing baby blankets and cans and bottles almost everything.
And we had way too many pies!

9 comments:
Okay, so I'm glad I ranked as fun ;). Can you send me your pictures? Unless you're already sendingn them to Aunt Sue... Then I'll just wait on them :).
Okay, so I'm glad I ranked as fun ;). Can you send me your pictures? Unless you're already sendingn them to Aunt Sue... Then I'll just wait on them :).
I feel the same way aboutmy family vs Dave's - only it's backwards w/ ours. His immediate family is overwhelming, but his extended is small. My immediate family is small, but my extended is overwhelming. Dave still shudders when he thinks about having to spend time with the Leake side - I think there's 33 cousins on that side alone. And 90% are married with kids.
Oh and the movie is While You Were Sleeping. Such a classic!
What a fun reunion! Family is the best! Plane rides are the best with kids aren't they! We were going to go to Hawaii for Christmas and I was so nervous. I talked to my pediatrician and he reccomended a dose of Benadryl. We aren't going anymore, but I thought what good advice! Someday that will come in handy!
Looks like it was a success! Lots of fun, lots of food, and lots of memories! Glad you were able to go and spend time with your family!
first, i loved that picture of joshua! good shot!
next, your pie was definitely the best. yum.
last, i miss ya!
I never want to attend family reunions until I arrive, and then I love them. Isn't it weird how you can pick up right where you left off so many years ago? I also love the tee's.
Is it possible to have to many pies??
As a side note, the word verification thing I'm about to type is "uncensored" tee hee!
Post a Comment