Brianne loved L. She was so sweet with her, and L loves anyone who will give her attention! Brianne also taught M how to sit on her knees at the dinner table. In the last couple weeks M decided she was a big girl and big girls don't sit in booster seats at the kitchen table. She's wanted to sit in a regular chair like the rest of us. The problem is this puts her chin and about the height of the table top. We don't let her stand in her chair, so it's been awkward for her to eat. In Virginia M saw Brianne sitting on her knees at the table and M took an interest. Brianne helped us show M how to sit on her knees so now eating at the table is a hundred times better!
L in the bumbo seat.
We went and visited the house Bryan and Tracey are building. It was really nice...considering it doesn't have walls, flooring, or a ceiling! :) Just kidding, it actually looks like it will be a beautiful home.
Bryan having lunch with the kids.
Mr. N & Bryan
Tracey and Bryson
M visiting the house Uncle Bryan is building.
Mr. N with Bryson and L. Side note: M loves to stand 2 or 3 stairs up from where we are and say "One, Two, TWO" and then jump to our arms. Bryan and Tracey have this really long stair case and Mr. N told me that on one of the days in Virginia M was standing on the top step and Mr. N walked around the corner to go up the stairs. M saw him and said "One, two..." Mr. N about had a heart-attack and yelled "No, no! Wait!" and ran up the stairs to her.
I love this picture Tracey took of me. I was SO TIRED that I pretty much fell asleep feeding L. If you notice in all these pictures I’m wearing my glasses. It’s not something I normally do. Here’s the story: While packing for Virginia I had the thought that I should bring a spare set of contacts. I dismissed it quickly because I’d just opened a new pack of contacts (they’re disposable) and I usually get them to last a month. The first night in Virginia Mr. N and I were getting ready for bed in the dark because the girls were already asleep. I took my contacts out and put them in the case and closed the lid. One of the lids closed funny and I thought “Oh no.” Sure enough, the contact was in between the lid and rim when I pushed the cap on it split one of my contacts right in half. Thank heavens I had my glasses! I am beyond blind without some form of vision help! I hope the next time I get a prompting I’m smart enough to listen and not turn my nose up to it! Next time it might be really important!

3 comments:
that picture of you asleep while nursing is so hilarious! You poor thing. I think you look good with glasses. Lydia looks so cute in the bumbo... love those rolls. And that story about Mady almost jumping a flight of stairs is so funny. What a brave girl! she sure trusts her daddy!
Looks like you guys had a great time in Virgina! It's always fun to be with family on the holidays! And it's good for the cousins to have the chance to play together!
Wish we could've been there too! Miss you guys!
PS LOVE the picture of Lydia in her pink Gymboree hat and the picture of Bryan and Neal at the construction site!
Hey Stef!!
Your two little girls are dolls!! I can't believe how much Lydia looks like you! I would love to compare your baby pictures with hers! We miss you but are glad that you have such a sweet little family!
Love,
Michele
Post a Comment