I'm going through a bit of a blogging block...for lack of a better word. The past few day's I've been occupied with this (thanks LJ for the tip!, though it hasn't made me the best wife and mother...). Click here to see why what I was reading was not completed. I feel really bad for Stephenie Meyer and support her in her decision, though I wish she had finished writing the book. It's left me wanting more, but hopefully "indefinitly" means it will be finished one day. One thing I don't like to admit is how involved I get with the things I read. It's like admitting a weakness.... If it is good enough (and so far only the HP series and Twilight series have done these to me), it becomes very consuming...nearly all consuming. A weakness, I know. Yeah, I too have a secret crush on Edward, as well as Jack Sparrow (not Johnny Depp nor any character from the HP series). Mr. N thinks I'm funny. I made him read the Twilight book with me and he wasn't too terribly into it. The first book is a bit highschool love-ish, but I still like it. My mom and I are flying to Seattle on Sunday for a family reunion. My grandpa's not doing well, hence the reunion. My sister and cousin asked me if I want to take a drive with them to Forks. So, yeah the plan is to go. Baby L will have to make the trip with me, so if she is having a bad day or something or they girls have a horrible time adjusting to the time change, I may back out. I feel weird thinking I will be traveling to a town made popular by a book and being "another fan" going to visit Forks. Oh well, I might as well have a little fun.
Laughter
On another note, there really is a lot to be said about having fun with your spouse. Mr. N and I have a really good marriage. We're matched well. Are things all daiseys and roses...no. Marriage is work, communication is hard, and pride gets in the way...but we're working on it. Isn't everyone??? So anyways, background on this story is my mom has Book of Mormon's in every languaged published. That is her collection. Mr. N's brother Ian is a missionary for
our church in Albania. My mom has a Book of Mormon in Albanian. So, Sunday night Mr. N and I were discussing what he wanted to write to Ian (Elder Esplin) and I suggested finding a favorite scripture and then using the Albanian Book of Mormon to have it written in Albanian for Ian. Does that make sense??? We decided to go for it, and finding the Albanian Book of Mormon ended up being quite a chore, but it was so funny. They are all in a book case, and since neither of us speak or can recognize Albanian, finding it involved opening almost every book and looking for the small print somewhere in the first few pages stating what language the book was in. Our search inadvertedly turned into a contest to see who could find it first, with both of trying to cheat and outdo the other. By the end of it we were cracking up, and I was severly disappointed that I lost... :) It was so much fun just laughing together.
Laughter
On another note, there really is a lot to be said about having fun with your spouse. Mr. N and I have a really good marriage. We're matched well. Are things all daiseys and roses...no. Marriage is work, communication is hard, and pride gets in the way...but we're working on it. Isn't everyone??? So anyways, background on this story is my mom has Book of Mormon's in every languaged published. That is her collection. Mr. N's brother Ian is a missionary for
our church in Albania. My mom has a Book of Mormon in Albanian. So, Sunday night Mr. N and I were discussing what he wanted to write to Ian (Elder Esplin) and I suggested finding a favorite scripture and then using the Albanian Book of Mormon to have it written in Albanian for Ian. Does that make sense??? We decided to go for it, and finding the Albanian Book of Mormon ended up being quite a chore, but it was so funny. They are all in a book case, and since neither of us speak or can recognize Albanian, finding it involved opening almost every book and looking for the small print somewhere in the first few pages stating what language the book was in. Our search inadvertedly turned into a contest to see who could find it first, with both of trying to cheat and outdo the other. By the end of it we were cracking up, and I was severly disappointed that I lost... :) It was so much fun just laughing together.
Immagination
This morning we were headed to the commisary, so I was trying to get the girls all bundled up and was getting really frustrated with Little M. I was in the back room with Baby L who was fussing and calling to Little M to come so I could get her dressed and bundled up too. It appeared to be that she wasn't listening, so I got up irritated to go chastise her. I started down the hall and was met by this sight, giggling quietly at her joke as she walked towards me, all the while bumping into walls.
Immediately my heart melted and and I started to laugh. How did we get so lucky?

4 comments:
Too funny! Maddy always has had a good sense of humor.
I've been doing the same thing - I just finished readin Twlight and Breaking Dawn back-to-back, since I disliked Breaking Dawn the first time I read it. It was a lot better the second time!
I always feel let down and sad when I finish a book or series that I love. I get so attached to the characters, I feel like they are apart of my life in a way.
Hey, I ordered my FREE photo book from Snapfish--thanks for the tip or I never would have known about it!
Are you going to see the Twilight movie???
Eh... I figure "Why not?" At least you aren't coming to WA for the specific purpose of going to Forks ;). You can be the envy of other TWILIGHT fans ;). Just kidding :).
I love this post. Thank you for sharing the reminder to laugh. That story of you and Neal, was so funny. And Ms. Maddy is so creative. I love those funny moments that make great stories for the future.
Post a Comment