I've never been so excited to return to NJ.
With that said, the Family Reunion in Washington (State, not DC) was a lot of fun. The flight to Washington was a nightmare! No words can describe the horror... (I know, I'm a bit of a drama queen...). Both girls had colds and I forgot to give them Tylenol before taking off. Maybe that was the problem. Either way, both screamed the entire time! M managed to take a 45-ish minute nap, but other than that she screamed constantly. L was a bit more composed. She screamed off and on in 30 minute increments. People kept asking me what was wrong with my kids (including the flight attendants...). The hardest part was that both girls wanted me, and not my mom (who flew with me). When I got there I called Mr. N and told him we were moving to Washington because there was no way I would get on a plane again.
My cousin Hila (who is currently living with my grandparents while she job hunts) was so kind to let the girls and I stay in her room downstairs.
Nice, huh. I made a bed for L in my suitcase.
I did though, and the return flight was not as bad. I still don't think I'll ever fly with the girls again. Anyways, we had a lot of fun at the reunion. We haven't had one on the Lyman side for almost 20 years. Now all of us cousins are grown up, and some of us have kids of our own. It was really neat to see everyone.
The main reason for the reunion was that my grandpa is not doing well. He has a bad heart and his doctors have been really worried about him. It was so good to see him!
Grandpa was thrilled to meet his great-grand daughters.
Despite what this picture shows, M loved Great-Grandpa.

Here are some random pictures from the trip (I'll post reunion pics in a separate post):

Ready for the reunion in their matching outfits!


Isn't this the cutest "cheese" face ever!
This is my sister, who calls herself Elka on her blog.
We're all so glad to be home with Daddy again!
9 comments:
Glad you made it back safely!!! Great pictures!
Movie guess: While You Were Sleeping
The movie quote is from While You Were Sleeping. I LOVE that movie!!!
Glad you had a fun time despite the horrors of flying with the girls. I am totally afraid to fly with Aubrey! Also, how clever are you to make a bed for Lydia out of a suitcase?!?!
Ooh, ooh! While You Were Sleeping!
okay, two things... I loved the suitcase bed idea.
and the picture of your sister with the swiffer? is that what it is? At first I thought it looked like a sensor block over her chest! ;)
I know, I thought the same thing of that picture when I first looked at it! Yeah it's a swiffer. It took me a minute to figure it out though.
I love the "cheese" face Maddy made! Also, didn't you swear to never fly with the girls again the LAST time we took them on a plane? :) Forgetfulness is. . .not bliss.
I'm so scared of flying with Evie for Christmas - we flew back in July, but she much more mobile now. Who knows what she'll try to pull when contained during the middle of the day!
I'm glad you had fun at your reunion! It's always fun to see family!
Cute pictures!
Post a Comment