Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Not the night I had Planned...


So, I was dead set on going to bed early tonight. I've been so tired lately, especially since our girls haven't acknowledged the time change... At 7 pm I was putting the last touches on the things I wanted to get done, which included putting away a tub of powdered sugar and box of cereal. Both were headed for the same pantry, so I grabbed the cereal and then went for the sugar with my other hand. It turned out the sugar weighed a lot more than I anticipated. It fell from my hand and landed on it's top. The pressure of the fall caused the lid to come off slightly and powdered sure shot out EVERYWHERE. I drew in a quick breath and just stood there and looked at the horror before me. So much for going to be early. The picture really does not do the scene justice. There was a fine layer of powdered sugar everywhere! It wasn't enough just to sweep it up and call it good.
Of course, then my dad entered the room and looked at what had happened in shock. He proceeded to tell me several times that I needed to slow down and not try to get so much done at once. That I know. I multi-task way too much. I think I'm also a bit ADD, but I'm too old to care about doing anything about that. It's really hard for me to sit down and do or focus on one thing. It drives Neal nuts...poor guy.
Anyways, I put in the earphones to my iPod, turned on Breaking Dawn, and got to work.



Exactly two hours later the floors had been scrubbed, the oven moved and cleaned, the walls and floor scrubbed behind the oven, cupboards cleaned, legs of the table and chairs wiped down, all furniture moved to clean under it... What a mess. At least the kitchen is nice and pretty.
I'm going to bed now. Seriously. Good night!

2 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

You have enough energy to come do my floors?

Nilla said...

Wow! When you clean, you clean!

Made me remember another sugar incident shared among cousins some 18 years ago... Man we're getting old.

Where are you From???