Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Eatable Playdough



1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
4-6 oz. corn flour or corn meal


Combine together peanut butter and honey. Add the corn flour until it reaches the desired consistency.

Note: Corn muffin mix (like Jiffy-Mix) can be substituted for corn meal.






We decided to branch out a little bit for snack time today. A while back someone told me about eatable playdough that you can make which makes for a good time and good snack. I googled it and found a recipe (there's another one that uses powdered milk instead of corn meal, but we didn't have powdered milk). They suggested getting some of your kids favorite snacks to decorate the playdough with.
So we had a good time making different things out of playdough and trying to be creative with the decorating snacks.
My recommendation is to use more corn meal than they call for. I didn't use enough initially so it was too soft. Mix it with your hands to get the right consistency. It was really fun though. As you can see M was more interested in eating it rather than making things, but she would roll the playdough when I did. It was a fun mommy-daughter activity!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun activity! We actually made play-doh yesterday too (not the yummy kind though.... the real salty kind) But Quincey still likes to eat it! I like that you brought out the snacks and made little faces and stuff... Very creative!

skcoe said...

How cute is THAT?! She looks like she's having such a fun time too, I may have to try this with Mayci and her cousin Addi. Keeping them entertained is like rocket science.

Lauren Davison said...

HOW FUN! Hey, if I had peanut butter and honey goodness plopped in front of me I think I might be more concerned with eating it, too! :)

Wendy Lady said...

So much fun. I sometimes really miss all the chaos of a growing family. We did lots of fun things, too ... I think!?

Where are you From???