This past 3 days has been...interesting. There are a lot of other words I'd like to use in the place of interesting...but I'll settle on that one. My sister & her husband are in town with their two kids for the 3 day walk for Breast Cancer. They left to do the 3 day walk on Friday morning at the crack of dawn and left their two kids in the care of my mom and I. What a fiasco! One 5 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, 1 1/2 year old and newborn. Yikes! My poor mom deserves a gold medal and I just need a room in the Asylum for burnt out mommies.
One thing I've really noticed is the difference between boys and girls. They really are like night and day. Little M is pretty laid back in comparison. The boys are constantly going from one near death experience to the next. Yesterday my mom was downstairs with the 3 older kids and I was upstairs with baby L I heard a scuffling noise, a bang, and they M started wailing. I yelled down to see what happened and my mom said:
"M did something to Rc (my sister's 2 1/2 year old son) that I didn't see so in retaliation Rc pushed M down and that I did see..."
It's been like that all weekend! We did try to do fun stuff...
One thing I've really noticed is the difference between boys and girls. They really are like night and day. Little M is pretty laid back in comparison. The boys are constantly going from one near death experience to the next. Yesterday my mom was downstairs with the 3 older kids and I was upstairs with baby L I heard a scuffling noise, a bang, and they M started wailing. I yelled down to see what happened and my mom said:
"M did something to Rc (my sister's 2 1/2 year old son) that I didn't see so in retaliation Rc pushed M down and that I did see..."
It's been like that all weekend! We did try to do fun stuff...
Inspired by my friend Kirsten's blog, I decided to brave painting pumpkins with the kids. it went okay...but it was a lot more work than I anticipated!
Doing pumpkins held M's attention for all of 2 minutes...
Rc & Rj had a lot more fun. Age does make a big difference.
The Finished Product!
Clean up was the best part for all of them I think. The water was a nice shade of grey when then got out.

4 comments:
Too cute! I bet it has been crazy there! Makes you want two more, right ;)? Then the fun will never end! ;). I know you want more kids. I remember you saying so. And when the time comes, you'll be well-practiced!
yeah, I do. it's just good they come one at a time so you can get use to the work load gradually!
Glad you are having a good time with your sister and her family! Cousins are fun! It looks like painting pumpkins was a big hit!
Looks like fun! :) The quote is from Iron Man.
Post a Comment