This is not a political blog, nor do I have any intention of making it political. But frankly this election has me worried. I can think of no other word for it. I don't want comments on this post because this is not a political platform of mine. It's just a momentary "soap box."
I don't really follow politics that much. It doesn't really interest me, but this election has changed me a little in that respect. This election seems to be fraught with so much hate between the two parties and presidential candidates. It's like they've taken mud slinging to a whole new level. When I first heard about Obama years ago I honestly liked him and thought "I'd vote for him." But the more I heard about him the more worried I became about him as a candidate. McCain is not my first choice either, but like a friend said on her blog, "This election seems to be more
about who you don't want as president as opposed to who you want as president."
I feel like there is hate emanating from everywhere waiting to explode once the ballets are counted. One group is waiting to riot if we have a woman as VP, another group will riot if an African American takes office, and another group is waiting to riot if an African American candidate does not take office. Frankly I think it would be wonderful for our country to have an African American president or even a Woman president, but not Obama and definitely not Hiliary. I don't know where Obama's allegiances lies, but I do not believe it is with the best interests United States of America.
I like Sarah Palin and feel she has been unfairly slandered by the media. They seem to be more ferocious against her because they can't seem to dig up anything on her and they hate her for it! I agree that she probably needs more experience. With the exception of a few channels out here, the media seems to never say anything against Obama. On the contrary, they cover up all kind of things he has done and point all their guns at the McCain Candidates. I don't like being pushed and I feel like the forces are trying to push my vote. That immediately makes me want to go the other way. I can't tell you how many phone calls have come to the house telling me about the latest "slanderous and untrue commercial being aired by the McCain Party..." Jeez. How much are they being paid?
I am pro-life. A woman's choice to have a baby comes before conception. Once conception happens (and of course this excludes incest and rape, but those are the exceptions) the choice was made and I do not believe a woman should be given the legal right to terminate that life growing inside her. If a baby's own mother won't fight for it's rights, then other's should. Astronauts preparing to launch into outer space can back out at any moment, up until the space shuttle takes flight. Then it is to late and the decision has been made. It is the same for pregnancy. If a mother does not want her baby, there are many others who would and who would love and care for that baby as their most treasured of possessions. My cousin and his wife cannot have children of their own, and they have found their children through the blessing of adoption. I believe that they would take any baby that was not wanted by it's mother, no matter the race or gender, and they would give that baby the absolute best life. I imagine they cringe at the thought of what would have happened if the mother of their babies had made another choice in the name of "freedom of choice." No one should be free to terminate a life.
I also believe in marriage as defined by God and the Constitution as the union between one man and one woman. People are free to make their own choices. Call same sex unions whatever you like, but not marriage.
I am worried about what may happen if Obama takes office. Even scared. But, really I think his chances of taking office are good. He won't get my vote though. If he does become president I will support him as commander and chief because I believe that is what we should do as Americans.
And now I'm stepping off my soap box.
