Some parent the Sunday before last brought their kid to nursery with a runny nose. I noticed, but didn't say anything. M got a runny nose two days after that. Standard incubation period for a virus.
Curse them.
Baby L got it two days later.
Double curse them!
Now both girls have colds. M's is really bad, but Baby L's isn't that bad.
WHY do parents have to take their kids to nursery when they have obvious signs of a cold! Nursery isn't daycare for heaven's sakes! If you kid is sick, don't take them. Kids will get sick on their own without being exposed to dripping oozing noses. (Can you tell I'm a wee bit irritated). Yeah, it's a lot more work to attend meetings with a toddler, but who said being a parent wasn't work!
So, what to do now. I'm new so I don't want to cause problems and be "that mom", so I think I'll just tell the nursery leaders what happened and that if there is a kid that is oozing to tell me (that is if I don't see it) and I"ll take M out of nursery for that day.
Here are some pictures of our girls:
Curse them.
Baby L got it two days later.
Double curse them!
Now both girls have colds. M's is really bad, but Baby L's isn't that bad.
WHY do parents have to take their kids to nursery when they have obvious signs of a cold! Nursery isn't daycare for heaven's sakes! If you kid is sick, don't take them. Kids will get sick on their own without being exposed to dripping oozing noses. (Can you tell I'm a wee bit irritated). Yeah, it's a lot more work to attend meetings with a toddler, but who said being a parent wasn't work!
So, what to do now. I'm new so I don't want to cause problems and be "that mom", so I think I'll just tell the nursery leaders what happened and that if there is a kid that is oozing to tell me (that is if I don't see it) and I"ll take M out of nursery for that day.
Here are some pictures of our girls:
This picture has a funny story, though it is a really bad picture. M put her Baloo the Bear stuffed animal in the stroller and then took this blanket and covered him up (like I do when Baby L is sleeping, I'll cover her side of the stroller). She then strolled Baloo all over the house saying "Shhhh".
There's another new post below, be sure to read too!

3 comments:
THANK YOU for this post! I wish all the moms would read it who has kids in nursery! I know how you feel and you're right! I always got mad when Bence got sick because someone took their kid to nursery with illness. Even if it's just a little runny nose. That is hard enough for a baby and a toddler as well when they can't breath so they would wake up every 30 minutes. I never take Bence when he's sick- not even to playgroup.
Yep- we're twins:) I love this background.Little L. is so adorable.I love her smile. M is so big- her hair is longer too. We miss you guys so much! Come back:)
I have to say I agree that parents shoudln't do that. I will also say that it was hard for me to ever say anything to a parent who brought their sick child in when I was a nursery leader. But that's because I'm a wimp at stuff like that... But, I do agree with you and plan to not do that when I have kids!
I know, I'm such a wimp about that kind of stuff too. It's so hard to say stuff... I'm attempting to have more of a back bone with this. It's just not fair to the other kids and parents
Post a Comment