***
Let me backtrack really quick. My parents have a dog, Max. He is 150% my dad's dog. My dad calls Max his Home-Boy. When my parents got married (technically my dad is my step-dad) they had 5 (That's right...FIVE) dogs. It was a yours and mine situation. My mom's dog was a border collie mix named Cassidy. She was my mom's very best friend. She was her companion through my mom's divorce and so many other trials. Six years ago Cassidy died. She was the first of the five to go. My mom still gets choked up over how much she misses Cassidy. Bruno, one of my Dad's Rottweilers, died later that year. (It was a house full of geriatric dogs by that time). My sister then got married and took her Hailey (who is a fat, ill-tempered beagle) with her so the house was then down to two dogs: Tasha (Bruno's daughter rottweiler) and Roxanne (my collie mix). Tasha died a few years ago leaving Roxanne alone. Within 6 months of Tasha's death my parents inherited Max from my dad's parents because they were way too old to take care of a young black lab. This past summer my Roxanne finally died. So...long story short my parents are down to one dog. The only problem is that Max is really lonely so my mom has really been strongly recommending to my dad that they needed to get Max a friend. My mom also really wants a friend like she had in Cassidy. Friday night, the night before the Pet Expo my dad finally agreed that Max needed a friend.
***
So anyways, Saturday morning we got the girls up and got ready to go to the Pet Expo. We left 1 1/2 hrs early and by a series of circumstances still managed to be late! The place was only 30 minutes away! Funny how that happens. It was really fun because they had about 5 different 4H groups there with their animals (Goats, Ducks, Chickens, bunny rabbits...).
M had a really fun time feeding the goats. Look at the Goats. They don't have ears! Apparently they are bread that way.
These Great Danes were part of a Dog Training booth. The one on the left weighed 180 lbs and the one on the right weighed 160 lbs. Talk about BIG dogs. M loved all the dogs. She kept saying "Doggie," "Doggie," "Doggie!"
There was even a Wolf Rescue Group there! You could pay to go inside this huge cage with these 4 wolves, but I didn’t want to spend the money…nor was I really comfortable with putting my daughter in a cage with wolves. They may be tame…but to me they are still wild animals.
So, going back to my major side note, my mom found a dog she wanted to adopt. It's a little female mix. She's a really pretty dog. Adopting a dog is a lot different from how it use to be. She had to fill out an application and someone is going to interview her over the phone, we have to have a house visit, and they are going to call her vet to see how she cares for her current dog. Holy cow, what a process. I guess we'll see if she actually gets the dog. That will be for another post.
By the way, the dog's name is Molly.

3 comments:
HI,
How are things going? I do love this blog and seeing all the pictures. It is getting cooler here in Utah. I have been tending my Grson Bryce since the 1st of Sept. He will be 2 in Nov. I am getting in better shape and learning some patience. Kim is doing her student teaching here at Emery Co High, and will be done the end of Nov. It has been a bit stressful at times but he is so cute that we just have put on hold anything we want to do and tend and play with him. I do know now why I was always a tired Mother. (:
I have had a few health concerns, I will be having a cataract removed this Thurs. and then maybe knee scoping during Nov or Dec just depends on how things are feeling by then. I had a reaction to the antibiotic Levaquin and that has taken me since April to get over. NEVER take Levaquin or any floroquinal drugs they are life altering and sometimes the effects never go away.
Conference was wonderful and I am so glad for the Hope and Faith that we have in the Lord and the teachings of the Gospel. It is nice to listen to the talks and realize again, the Lord loves us and will be incharge during all this wild economical stuff and the crazy election stuff and the wild evils of the world. I just felt such peace listening to the speakers, almost or really close to being in the temple.
You have a really good week, I'm glad to have finally found the comment button,
Love and miss you and Mr N and babies
Sis Clements
Castaway
Molly's such a good name for a dog
Post a Comment